threaded inserts and install tool

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 29, 2007, 11:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I have a Kar Products kit. I just used a Mcmaster insert without ribs and it failed. I was out of the size in the Kar kit that had the dimples. So much for that exp. I just bought a bunch of the un- dimpled ones. I'm tempted the pitch them in the trash.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

I failed to mention my intended use.... it would be light weight stuff.

Mount some wire loom in an engine compartment or relays or stuff on the firewall .  

This would seem to look a bit cleaner and more durable than a self tapping screw .
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"I failed to mention my intended use.... it would be light weight stuff.

Mount some wire loom in an engine compartment or relays or stuff on the firewall .  

This would seem to look a bit cleaner and more durable than a self tapping screw .

The local hardware store has some threaded inserts that are installed with a pop rivet tool in 10/24.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "Crosley"remind me where to buy threaded inserts and the tool...

I am talking about smalll stuff.   1/4 x 20 or smaller , like 10-32 for insert into sheet metal.

8)

Tony,

I get some from Gardner-Westcott. I bougt a kit that came with the intall tools, and now I just restock the nuts themselves. I like them a lot. I tried the rivet type, and they didn't seem to hold as well.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver