Gm Heritage Center Tour/Detroit Autorama

Started by Bob K, October 25, 2007, 11:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

and can you add someone at the last minute to the tour group?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bob K

It's still a go troops, been busy as hell had back surgery Wednsday, will get to it next week.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the money. It of course depends on how many go as to what the cost per person will be. That makes it real hard to charge up front, besides I don't want to be responsible for 5 or 6 hundred dollars of other folks money.

I suppose that we will have to wait till we go and then figure out how much per person and collect the money at the door to the museum.

Waddaya think?

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob, I'll be driving my Trailblazer. I think Ken will be with me but I'll be able to haul 3 more (I don't have the 7 passenger one anymore).

If you think we can still get 30 folks get their names, etc and just keep reminding them. For me, I can pay in advance. Whatever you want.

Will this be an afternoon thing on Friday? I'm trying to decide how many nights I wanna stay in Detoilet....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bob K

Yeah Charlie it's friday afternoon at 1:00pm.

I'll need a ride out there as I am flying in.

Don't know how much to charge to someone paying in advance. I would hate to charge 25.00 and then have enough folks going that the cost was only 20.00. Then I would have to screw with giving change.

I think we will just collect at the door, that seems to be the easiest.

B :D  B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

I'll be there with my Buick winter beater and can chauffer up to 4 people if somebody needs a ride.  

....But then maybe riding with an old country fart in a Buick who hates driving in Detroit might not be some people's idea of a vacation....  I might turn left from the right hand lane at any minute 8)
George

Carps

Quote from: "river1"i would be in if i was going to be there :cry:  :cry:
Bugger!  It appears I'm with you Jim.  

What's the timing?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: slocrowI'll betcha we can get more then a few people to watch you bust that *. :lol:  

Trust me, it's not pretty.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "purplepickup"....But then maybe riding with an old country fart in a Buick who hates driving in Detroit might not be some people's idea of a vacation....  I might turn left from the right hand lane at any minute 8)
Sures sounds like my kind of fun.  

Wonder what I'd have to do to mak the trip?   :?
Carps

Bob K

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "purplepickup"....But then maybe riding with an old country fart in a Buick who hates driving in Detroit might not be some people's idea of a vacation....  I might turn left from the right hand lane at any minute 8)

Prolly give up your latest promotion and live in this country.

I'm sure that we are not ready for that.

B :b-d: B

Carps

Quote from: "Bob K"
Quote from: "Carps"

Prolly live in this country. I'm sure that we are not ready for that.

You prolly right there.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"...give up your latest promotion
I thought that was a secret, how'd you find out?

BTW, it's too good to give up.   :wink:
Carps

ChevyGirlRox

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'll be there with my Buick winter beater and can chauffer up to 4 people if somebody needs a ride.  

....But then maybe riding with an old country fart in a Buick who hates driving in Detroit might not be some people's idea of a vacation....  I might turn left from the right hand lane at any minute 8)

What happened to the Eldo? I thought that was your winter beater?
I would ride with you :wink:

Jim Rivers-- does that comment mean the ultimate GMB is lowering himself to visiting Detroit---in the winter?  I hope so, we will have so much fun!  Heck, we might even have to go to Hellmart!

Oh and by all means, I am still a definite on the tour! Can't wait!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Bob K"Yeah Charlie it's friday afternoon at 1:00pm.

I'll need a ride out there as I am flying in.

Don't know how much to charge to someone paying in advance. I would hate to charge 25.00 and then have enough folks going that the cost was only 20.00. Then I would have to screw with giving change.

I think we will just collect at the door, that seems to be the easiest.

B :D  B

Bob,

You can ride with Ken and Vicki and Ken and me.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!