Gm Heritage Center Tour/Detroit Autorama

Started by Bob K, October 25, 2007, 11:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Here's the deal.

I am trying to put together a tour for the Friday of the Detroit Autorama. I was gonna try Saturday but it is 1200 dollars.

Friday the cost would be 600 Dollars. If we can get 30 folks signed up to go that would lower the cost to 20 bucks a head. That would to me seem to be a reasonable price to see some 200 cars from GM's collection. If more signed up than it would of course lower the cost.

The only other hang up is the transportation. It's about 20 miles from Cobo hall. We could hire a small van but that would add to the cost.

Lets hear some opinions as to the transportation issue.

First though lets see how many would be interested in doing this. I'm not gonna bust my * setting it up if we only get a few people.

LET'S HEAR IT GUY'S & GALS

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

enjenjo

As I told you on the phone, I'm in. am Oppertunity like this does not come every day. I can haul 4 people, 8 if they are good looking girls, 16 if they are neked. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

i would be in if i was going to be there :cry:  :cry:

doesn't megan aka chevygirlrox arrange a bue tour to the autorama from ohio? that would get the participant count up, maybe up to high?

good luck with it

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

oldbobsign

Count me in Bob.  I was there in June for the Eyes on Design pre-show meeting and it was absolutely amazing.  We were given the "bum's rush" because they were closing shortly after the meeting.  They also change the exhibits frequently I've heard.

I'll be in an SUV and can take six with me if need be.

slocrow

I'll betcha we can get more then a few people to watch you bust that *. :lol:  
I'm in and I will have an SUV that will take 5+1 in the rumble seat.............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Danimal

As long as there is no age limit and I'm not gone for work, I'll bring my boys 14 and 12.

ChevyGirlRox

I would be interested as well.  I think I am going to come mid week and help HRLC set up Big Olds and then stay through the weekend.  The bus tour is on Saturday.  I am hoping to find enough people to accompany the four busses up so I don't have to drive back and forth multiple times.
I have always wanted to go there.  I bug HRLC about it all the time!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"I can haul 4 people, 8 if they are good looking girls, 16 if they are neked. :shock:
I'll ride with you Frank if you can pull off that last option.   ~:)

Bob, I've already answered on the other board but I'll let you know here too.... I'm in and looking forward to going.  

It's great that GM has made a place to put stuff that is such an important part of their history and resources that in many cases might otherwise have been thrown away.

Here's a blog describing a little about what the Heritage Center is. There's lots of pictures. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/15/general-motors-heritage-collection-an-amazing-collection-few-w/
George

Dave

ill prolly be working so im not gonna say yes.. I wont have a car there this year so ill most likely work and maybe run down friday after work or sunday.. Sure sounds like fun though.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Ohio Blue Tip

Count me in.  Just got my computer back running right, so I'm on again.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Not 100% sure I'll make the Autorama but am 100% sure I'd like to make the tour.You can count on me as a paid participant whether I make it to Detroit or not.My year has been super hectic but I should be caught up and just waking up from a long Winter nap by Autorama time!I haven't had a car out of the shop since the 4th of July!.......That SUCKS!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bob K

If I am counting this right there are 8 yes, 1 who says he's gonna pay even if he doesn't go(what the hell does that mean?), and one maybe.

With the response over on the HAMB it looks like we have a go.

More to follow.

Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bob K"

With the response over on the HAMB it looks like we have a go.

More to follow.

Hey Bob...
I've been away for a while but haven't seen a post following up on this.  Is it still a go?.....Hope so :D
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Me too cuz I know a handful of folks that are flying in on Thursday instead of Friday to go to this.  Let us know if you want to collect the money ahead of time so you have some $$ comittments from folks.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.