What to do with old car magazines

Started by junkyardjeff, October 20, 2007, 07:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

wow those are great ideas...

i also have  huge collecton of magazines.. hot rod , car craft, popular hot rodding, engine builder, import service, PM PS. and tons of trade journals...
probably 30 boxes of them.
even a huge pile of aircraft trade jounrals...in fact i need to pick up my next batch...

chimp koose

I save all my magazines . if they are really far gone I will take out all the good picture pages and plastic laminate them. I have a 30' x4' patch of posters on one wall of my garage . If you have a school near by that has a graphic arts class they may do it for you for the cost of the materials. they may also like to have the magazine remnants for some type of assignment .the nice thing about laminating is that the pictures never go bad whether you tape them up or use tacks.

teal32

I take mine to the Dr office. That way I will always have something to read. If I need an article latter, I know where it will be. Dr's never throw mags away, at least not for a couple of years. The bride is happy, too. There not accumulating around the house.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

petrolhead

Sell them, give them away both are good but if you throw them away then you need to be * slapped. Think of it as a car part you might need it but somebody needs it even more.
Regards
Petrolhead
"Dare to be different,No Cookie Cutter Car for Me"

ChevyGirlRox

Due to my line of work I am overloaded monthly with tons of neat car magazines.  Every couple of months I take the collected batch to the local USO to include in care packages to the troops.  Helps me by getting rid of them and gives our guys (and gals!) something to read to pass the time by.
Visit this site to see where the closest USO is to you:

http://uso.org/whoweare/findyourlocaluso/

Now, if you have little books like Hop Up and Rod & Custom you MUST give them all to me. :lol:
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

WZ JUNK

"Along those same lines... our car club was approached by a local nursing home, mainly male residents to do a cruise-in.  They wanted us to show up for an hour or two so the resident could check out our cars, give them something to do. "

I got a call today looking for people with cars to bring them to a nursing home this evening.  We got together a few cars and we spent about an hour this evening on the parking lot at the nursing home.  They wheeled a bunch of the residents out into the lot to look at the cars and we all had a nice visit with everyone.  They enjoyed it and it made me glad I did it.  Besides we got free pizza and hot cider.

Good therapy for everyone.  I would recomend it.  It is calling paying ahead I think.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH