saturday progress

Started by kb426, October 20, 2007, 07:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

This is what I spent the week messing with. I know it's not great so cut me a little slack.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

just a thought...  i really don't like the close radius 160 degree bend  just off the block hugger headers..  is there perhaps room for shorty headers instead????? floor pan clearance???  steering linkage angle / clearance problems. .shift linkage clarence???

just my thinking...

Charlie Chops 1940

That can be a tight spot...the angle of the view there makes it hard to tell how tight the angle is. Where clearance allows I like ti cut that lower flange and the"collector" off up high and weld a suitably trimmed 90 degree tube to the header and then join to the exhaust pipe with a s/s band clamp.

Makes that transition smoother in the space allowed and takes 3 or 4 bolts out of the mix.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

To Wayne: these are gt40p heads. That's the only header I found that fit the head that wasn't for a standard car. To Charlie: that's a good idea. If I have trouble, I'll start cutting and welding.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

Quote from: "kb426"To Wayne: these are gt40p heads. That's the only header I found that fit the head that wasn't for a standard car. .

i was wondering that.. i even blew up the image... just did not  look like normal sbf exhaust flanges...

this is what i was thnking of in the terms of shape

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAC-94-95-GT40P-Direct-Replacement-Headers-Unequal_W0QQitemZ260166878300QQcmdZViewItem

i did not mean to be critical...

enjenjo

That all said, it should work fine
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Shouldn't the oil drain holes on the exhaust pipes be pointed down?

:twisted:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Dave

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Shouldn't the oil drain holes on the exhaust pipes be pointed down?

:twisted:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Aw Geeeeeze  he asked for us to cut him some slack  :wink:  Bill I blocked out the whole lower body on the roadster today and did some more fill work.. Your exhaust looks fine but you better get going...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

Today has been close to a wash out. I found out I have the wrong injectors for the harness. I'm working on other stuff but it'll be a couple of days before I have injectors in my hands. The harness I bought has the wrong plug for the mass air flow meter I'm using also. I'm going to call around tomorrow and see if I get lucky enough to find a plug. I think that was the last of the surprises today. Yesterday was 93 degrees and today is around 50. I'm cold.
TEAM SMART