Transport question for upper states.

Started by Uncle Bob, October 15, 2007, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Bob

Quite a few of you folks live in the upper half of the country so might have some ideas/leads for me.  I've got a rolling, '40 Ford project that a fellow in Nebraska thinks he wants to buy.  Problem is that he wants it transported and has been shocked by what the "big boys" want to charge for a non-running vehicle.  The car is in the Seattle area so having an inbound might not be too frequent.  It will need to be enclosed because the paint has been stripped from most of the body, and all the new/restored/yet to be restored parts are stacked inside the windowless body.  At least it will be in one rolling package instead of a pile of loose parts.

Timing isn't super critical, in fact I'll be in Vegas all of November trying to find  Carl  :lol: among other things so nothing will happen then.  I'm envisioning a 1,2,or 3 car enclosed trailer bringing stuff to Western Washington or thereabouts and needing something to fill a load for the return.  If you've got any other ideas or know of some contacts that would fit the bill I'd appreciate your advice.  I'll pass the contact onto the potential buyer and they can work out the details.

Thanks in advance.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

C9

Seattle to ?????, Nebraska.

What kind of price bids has he been getting?
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Uncle Bob

Didn't ask him Jay, figured he could work that out if there was anything in his area.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Charlie Chops 1940

Enclosed big boys 5 or 6 car stacker trailer, western Michigan to Phoenix, around $1800 gives one an idea.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!