Hunnert Car Pile-up

Started by msuguydon, October 09, 2007, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Any of you Kools Kats, Dad dee-O's go to this "show"  I am kinda interested in going but am afraid that my gold chain and lack of tatoos will get me beat up.. thoughts?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

purplepickup

You could go as a spectator but your car doesn't meet the criteria to be a participant.  

I don't think you need to run out and get inked but you might want to leave the rows of gold chain home :wink:

I'll bet if you do go you'll meet some good people and see some interesting stuff 8)

Gettin' beat up ain't even an option :?
George

unklian

Wear a black leather jacket,with a black t-shirt,
and nobody will notice your lack of tattoos. :roll:  :wink:

58 Yeoman

Is it that time already?  Do you know the date?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"Gettin' beat up ain't even an option :?

unless you ENJOY that kind of thing :shock:  :?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

HotRodLadyCrusr

It's a great TRADITIONAL hot rod and custom event.  The critia is pretty strict.  I've been going for years, since it was held at Martys Body Shop.  Weather is suppose to be perfect.  I'm looking forward to it.  Don, if you do come, make sure you attend the Meet & Greet at 2pm.  I'd like to meet you in person.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

They piled up a semi on I94 this evening.. I didnt think i was ever gonna get home. I waved my gold chain and everything :lol:  :lol:  Then i did a u turn on the eway and got off and took the back way and some a hole was running 40 in a 55 :twisted:  :twisted:  I passed him and then i got to a stop and was waiting for traffic again and he was behind me flipping me off and making machine gun jestures at me.. Shoulda just got out and kicked his A&* but you never know.. Wierdo's like that gots guns.. Id never drive to the far east to work . Im sure of that now.. bumper to bumper and i dont need to see any more pileups thank you..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

HotRodLadyCrusr

:roll: Back to the subject at hand.....Don, you gonna drive your car there?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

msuguydon

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr":roll: Back to the subject at hand.....Don, you gonna drive your car there?

I am gonna be brutally honest.  In a word... NO

I find traditional hot rods very cool. In general I buy into those wacky HAMB'ers belief that car shows are lame, but I am a gold chainer... no if's and or butts about it... your honor, guilty as charged, I throw myself on the mercy of the court.

When I go to the local lame * car shows I get frustrated and want to leave in 20 minutes but I am unwilling/afraid to drive the boat more than an hour or so away from my home. I have not tatoos, I come from the corporate world... the Cool Kids will beat me up and steal my lunch money.  I just know it will happen.

I will be bummed all day on Saturday cuz I know all of you are having a great time... I will be weeding the garden or cleaning the pool.  UGGGG

I am an odd ball, a loner, a misfit in the car world....

Please don't hate me.

I am what I am.. and I love my 4 door, Sedan...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr":roll: Back to the subject at hand.....Don, you gonna drive your car there?

I am an odd ball, a loner, a misfit in the car world....

Please don't hate me.

I am what I am.. and I love my 4 door, Sedan...

As are 90% of us here 8)

you are not alone, we got yer back Bro. :D

who cares what other people think about your car :!:
its yours, you are proud of it, so drive it :idea:

hell, I built and drive a Street Beast :lol:  :lol: and they still let me hang around :shock:

but, I am tatto'd, and wear a silver chain :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

HOLY MOLEY
Don your my hero..  :?:  Ha.. Well at least your honest. I dont have any tatoos and although ive been a rebel all my life I unlike vance dont have any tat's I was gonna get an ear ring for my 40th but i got drunk instead :idea:
Now with all the meds im on i dont even consider a tattoo but it probably would be alright. Ok heres the big deal.. I have a gold chain but its only on display when Denise is around..  Thats only cause of all her talk about gold chainers :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Im not a gold chainer.. never was never will be. The only thing i got thats silver is my money clip i got in arizonie years ago.. You gotta get over that fear of driving your car over a few miles.. So what if it breaks thats what keeps the towing guys  in business.  its all good for the economy. As far as the pile up (i need to get back on track here so denise dosent get *) ,me I could care less.. Not my cup o tea.. Its kinda like billet proof. I dont fit in.. Well id bet I would but my cars dont cause I like nice things.. I dont plan to BS anyone with hub caps instead of really nice after market wheels to get in thier show..  So matey if you were gonna go just to look at the different vehicles I say go.  Could be a fun time and remember these shows are only as fun as you make em..
Dave
ps: fix your sig file buddy I dont see any reference to team smart and your member 000000000000000000000000008

Dave

, and wear a silver chain :roll:

Vance[/quote]

Now i understand.. Are you sure thats not aluminum?
Dave :wink:

msuguydon

While I am on this honesty kick... You see.  I am so confusseled... I am a "Gold Chainer" but I hate jewelry, if fact the only piece of jewelry I wear is my wedding band.

I do have a very cool silver, skull ring that my kids bought me, they tell me to wear it when I am driving my car and "trying" to be a hood.

UGLY OLDS

Don ..Ya just gotta drive the thing...I think it's neat..4-doors & all.. ( Like I said before, makes it easier for us ol' guys to get in the back seat.. ~:)  ~:)  ) .. Drive it ..Enjoy it ..Use it ..Break it ...Fix it ..Drive it some more... Heck, my kid put 80K + miles on his Dodge...All over the country... When something don't seem right , he calls me .....Other than that , he runs the wheels off the dumb thing...He even had the cahonies to take the car to El Mirage a few years back...He has AAA...If it quits, they tow him in...no charge... My first street rod was a Four door..
Drive it & enjoy it...  

Buy the way ..I wear a RUSTY chain...with a ball attached... :roll:  :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****