My pics from the weekend..

Started by Dave, October 07, 2007, 06:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ive got some firewall and under floor pics but i took em after i set the body on as it was hot and i wanted to get r done. I did some more body shimming today and threw the hood and windshield frame on for kicks. I worked on the shifter also and i moved it back on the mount but it looks like im gonna put it back where i had it :idea:  Sue and I just got back from about a 2 hour bike ride.. :lol:  I didnt buy her dinner this time though she is gonna have to cook here :P  I do have one issue with this body that I havent figured out how to cure yet. There is a small height difference and no one will prolly notice it but me..  If i wasnt gonna be in training classes all next week I could have this puppy ready for paint yes....... i could.....
heres the pics.....
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

*, in my next life I want to be you!!!!  It's coming along great...I wish I had a cool car like you... * this four door.....
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

[quote *, in my next life I want to be you!!!!  It's coming along great...I wish I had a cool car like you... * this four door.....[/quote]

Just save your money and call me when you get enuff for a body and a frame and ill come help... Ha Ha all this from a guy that said the orange coupe was my last car...... 8)  8)  8)
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote[quote *, in my next life I want to be you!!!!  It's coming along great...I wish I had a cool car like you... * this four door.....
[/quote]

Hey Don..Ain't nutton wrong with Four Doors...makes it easier fer us old guys to get in the back seat  :!:  :!:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

msuguydon

with no disrespect, old guys are not what I want to find in my back seatl... bada bing, bada boom
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

kb426

Lets not talk about back seats. You never know who might be listening.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

river1

Quote from: "msuguydon"with no disrespect, old guys are not what I want to find in my back seatl... baaa baaa, baaa baaa

here is a pic of dave to inspire you and your fourdoor
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fuzzy

Dave,nice work,it's really lookin' good! );b(
No billet for this kid!

Rayvyn

Looking at the 2nd pic, I notice the grill shell leaning forward at the top, out of plumb with the bottom. Is this one of those optical illusions, is it supposed to look like that, or does the hood have to get cut back?
Otherwise it looks good. Getting done just in time for the snow to fly. );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

That pic of the sheep in the back seat woke me right up this morning   :lol:  :lol:
Thanks for the compliments.
Bryan I havent lined up the radiator yet so thats why it looks funky.. Your a little picky ya know :roll: .. It was just too * hot to do much yesterday in fact it was too hot saturday but i started around 4pm so it was a little better.. I was sweating like a sheep with his winter wool on :!:  
I just wanted to set the windshield and hood on to get a feel for what i needed to do. The hood isnt even in the front hinge bracket its just sitting on top.. So far so good though im pretty happy with the way its going. Ive got to look at getting the doors lined up better but it looks like some filler in the jambs and some trimming on the doors and i should be good.. Roadsters are a * cause they move so much. So im setting it in place and ill make everything work.
Dave :wink:

C9

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Looking at the 2nd pic, I notice the grill shell leaning forward at the top, out of plumb with the bottom. Is this one of those optical illusions, is it supposed to look like that, or does the hood have to get cut back?
Otherwise it looks good. Getting done just in time for the snow to fly. );b(

It is leaning forward a touch, but most of it's an optical illusion due to the 2 degree kickup of the front frame rails.
Grille shell needs to lean forward that 2 degrees or so to match the hood panels.
Once they're on the tilt isn't noticeable.

Lookin' really good so far.

One small question; did you "C" the rear frame rails and notch the front?

I didn't on my 32 and I should have.
My car sits up a touch high in back and if I'd "C" the frame it would sit 1 1/2" lower which would have done the trick in my book.

Same with the front although it's low enough.
An up front notch would have added considerably to the ride quality.

Live and learn though, I "C'd" and notched the 32 frame rails under my 31 roadster....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

I notched the rear but not the front . It still sits plenty high but ive noticed that roadsters tend to be higher than coupes or sedans and i really haven fogired out why yet. The fron is higher but thats cause of the 4 bar. You can get em lower with a set of hairpins but this came set up this way. My coupe wasnt notched on either end and it sat good and low and no trouble no bottoming.. I dunno if mayrbe roadsters just tend to look higher cause of the body design? I do want to put a top on it but im gonna have to wait and see how much i get into the rest of it...
Dave

river1

Quote from: "jusjunk"That pic of the sheep in the back seat woke me right up this morning   :lol:  :lol:

I was sweating like a sheep with his winter wool on :!:  

you need to wear that wool just on dates
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "jusjunk"That pic of the sheep in the back seat woke me right up this morning   :lol:  :lol:

I was sweating like a sheep with his winter wool on :!:  

you need to wear that wool just on dates

AHAAAA..."Formal Wool" ......... 8)  8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
well I rode the bike to work today and it hit like about 89 today.. Maybe a new record but i didnt check. I came home and moved the lokar shifter back forward then cut the floor. Fits Niccccccccccce... Ive got classes on a vision system all week in novi. Bout an hour run but thats map quest with no traffic no construction..  Looks like im going alone.. But im going.. Maybe next week ill get more done.... I wont leave classes till 4:30 so that shoots the evening and im not gonna go to the woods and then have dinner at 9pm.. * daylight savings time.. They didnt tell the deer they can come out early  :?:  :?: ..
Fellow T/S members... Be cool the boss is watching....
Dave