2008 NSRA Event Schedule

Started by n.c.rodder, September 30, 2007, 01:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n.c.rodder

Here is next years schedule (I've also posted it on the calendar)

Southwest Street Rod Nationals - April 4, 5, & 6
Western Street Rod Nationals - April 25, 26, & 27
Street Rod Nationals South - May 3, 4, & 5
Mid America Street Rod Nationals - May 23, 24, & 25
Street Rod Nationals East - June 6, 7, & 8
Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nationals - June 27, 28, & 29
Street Rod Nationals - July 31, Aug. 1, 2, & 3
Richmond Nationals - August 22, 23, & 24
Street Rod Nationals North - Sept. 12, 13, & 14
Northeast Nationals - Sept. 19, 20, & 21
Golden State Nationals - Oct. 3, 4, & 5
Southeast Nationals - Oct. 10, 11, & 12

The only major change to next years schedule is The Milwaukee Nationals will not be a part of it. As of now - nothing has been scheduled to replace it.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

dragrcr50

how many are accepting later model cars now???
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "dragrcr50"how many are accepting later model cars now???

Richmond, Northeast, Golden State, & Southeast
Till we meet - On the street

Topsterguy

Quote from: "n.c.rodder"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"how many are accepting later model cars now???

Richmond, Northeast, Golden State, & Southeast

Hmmmmmmmm, got to remember not to go to those ones!  :wink:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

39deluxe

How much later? I may have to wax up the Cavalier.  :lol:  Just kidding.

I haven't been to one in a few years but I did make it to the Nats North in Kalamazoo a few weeks ago. We had a great time and looked over a lot of cool cars.  The bad thing is that I bring way too many ideas home and I really don't need to start another project.

Tom

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

39deluxe

A '77 Volari 4 door would qualify. Are they nuts? What are they thinking?

Tom

enjenjo

Quote from: "39deluxe"A '77 Volari 4 door would qualify. Are they nuts? What are they thinking?

Tom

A 77 Volare is older than a 32 Ford was when I got into this, and almost as rare :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "39deluxe"A '77 Volari 4 door would qualify. Are they nuts? What are they thinking?

Tom

$
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Tom

A 77 Volare is older than a 32 Ford was when I got into this, and almost as rare :shock:

Yeah, I can remember all the grumblings about Fat Fenders even being considered Hot Rods. Heck I still have some guilt for no longer having a 'real' Hot Rod.

The times do change, guess folks have to figure out if they want to change with the times or just sit and get passed by.

Not sure I agree that it's just for more money as much as trying to not exclusive oneself out of business.

Kinda think the auctions are showing where the emphasis is going, it's real surprising the decline in prices for real 'Classics' and Antiques. Guess the following just isn't there anymore.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: river1
Quote from: 39deluxeA '77 Volari 4 door would qualify. Are they nuts? What are they thinking?

Can you say " Goodguys" ..... :?:  :?:  :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "Carnut"Not sure I agree that it's just for more money as much as trying to not exclusive oneself out of business.

same thing in my book :?

to stay in business you need to make money. in street (hot) rods the average age is skewing upwards. by expanding the year qualification they expand the crowd to the younger rodder who on average aren't pre 49 rodders.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58Apache

I know I'm wading into a pool of sharks here, but hey, I LOVE the NSRA, and the Nats, but to be honest with you, the car years themselves, with few exceptions, aren't my style. I do like SOME, but few.

I know it's a free country and I can choose to go or not, and yes there are other options. But to me a 55 Chevy is a much more attractive car than say a 48 Chevy or 41 Plymouth. And to me the NSRA is much better run and more reasonable org than the Good Guys. It's one heck of a lot cheaper too!

Now, I'll grant you, it seems like some things at the Nats has gone downhill over the several years I have been going. Entertainment being the most noticeable. The GM specialty cars are also MIA.

Look at the vendors inside, and you'll notice they don't limit themselves to just pre-48 cars. There were frames for tri-fives and even one on display for a Chevelle. I bought many parts for my Chevelle at the Nats over the last several years.

I can understand some of the thinking of restricting cars to the original "hot rods", and the name itself says "Street Rod" (which is a name that is more inclusive than the original Hot Rods - is it not?) association, but the NHRA has little to do with Hot Rods other than racing them from what I can tell.

So who doesn't love a tri-5 Chevy? I'll bet many of you own one or some other car that doesn't qualify for the more restrictive NSRA events, but it's still a pretty cool car!  Heck, most NSRA cars have much more modern drive trains, stereos, A/C, wheels and tires, etc.

Now when they start allowing "tuners" in, them I'm out. But until then, cool cars are cool cars.

Steve

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"young rodders who on average aren't pre 49 rodders.

later jim

But might be with the right exposure, such as a car show that allows newer cars in with older cars.

I have said for years that unless you expose younger cars guys to your world then they will never appreciate them. It is a two way street and they are looking for your praise as well.

UGLY OLDS

It jus' makes me feel funny walking , (hobbling :roll: ) , around a Goodguy's show remembering what it was like to do warranty work on some of those cars ....I don't know if I'm really ready for that.. :shock: ..I was alway's taught that "REAL" old cars have runningboards..   :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****