Im looking at this

Started by Dave, September 27, 2007, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Im waiting for the owner to get back with me so i can go look in person. I didnt know anyone in town was doing one.. I just may know this guy.
Dave

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170152764429&rd=1

rumrumm

Let me know what you think of the body. I have not seen a Heritage body up close and personal, but the company does not have the best reputation for quality fiberglass work, particularly with door alignment and the finer points of fit and finish.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"Let me know what you think of the body. I have not seen a Heritage body up close and personal, but the company does not have the best reputation for quality fiberglass work, particularly with door alignment and the finer points of fit and finish.

Yes i will let you know.. Im hoping to get hooked up with this guy sometime from this evening till saturday morning as im gonna be outta town saturday afternoon and not returning till sunday. Im doing some calculating on what this should be worth if i go buy one and then what it may go for on egay.. Its too bad the guy didnt list it as reserving the right to cancell the auction as it was advertised locally. Thats the easy way around ebay.. Im not sure i really even need this but if the price is right.. :lol:
Id have to do this one flat black and a cheap mexican blanket interior (sure  :roll: )
Dave

oldbobsign

Hi Dave

Heritage was out of Kankakee, IL (about 30 mins south of me) and they had a horrible reputation.  They have recently relocated (I think PA).  You had to make an appointment to go to the shop.  I heard of a guy from Texas that brought his Willys body back with gun-in-hand for a refund.  On the 3W's I heard the doors didn't align and that the cowl had to be cut off and the body lengthened an inch for the hood to fit properly.  I know you'd see this stuff if you go look but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Larry

Dave

Quote from: "oldbobsign"Hi Dave

Heritage was out of Kankakee, IL (about 30 mins south of me) and they had a horrible reputation.  They have recently relocated (I think PA).  You had to make an appointment to go to the shop.  I heard of a guy from Texas that brought his Willys body back with gun-in-hand for a refund.  On the 3W's I heard the doors didn't align and that the cowl had to be cut off and the body lengthened an inch for the hood to fit properly.  I know you'd see this stuff if you go look but I thought I'd pass it on anyway.

Larry

Ok thanks larry ill keep all that in mind.. I do remember them being in Il and thier add stating you could come by if you made an appointment. Thats usually leads to 2 things.. They are either really busy or they dont want you to see the junk they build  :lol:  :lol:
Dave
ps: im going to look i hope and im gonna watch the auction close if i can steal it then maybe i will............

phat rat

Dave, keep in mind that sometimes a deal really isn't.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Dave, keep in mind that sometimes a deal really isn't.

Hummmmmmmmmm really Jack.....  :?:

Dave

Up Date.. Im gonna look at this on saturday before i head west.. The guy says he is a retired tool maker and he bought this as a template and he used it to make a frame jig and he is building his own 32 frames. He says he has a few 32's and id prolly like to see his stuff.. hell ya..  :lol:  Ill find out more saturday. I dont know if we know each other or not and I didnk know he had a shop where its located at but i know the area quite well so it will be easy to find..
Dave :arrow:

Bib_Overalls

Friend just finished a Heritage 32 three window.  He got it for about $10K as a roller.  And it took a lot of work to get it right.  

This was an IL made body.  The PA bodies may be better.

A Show Me Rod and Custom or N&N Fiberglass roller will be about the same, price wise, and, in my humble opinion, a better place to start.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Dave

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Friend just finished a Heritage 32 three window.  He got it for about $10K as a roller.  And it took a lot of work to get it right.  

This was an IL made body.  The PA bodies may be better.

A Show Me Rod and Custom or N&N Fiberglass roller will be about the same, price wise, and, in my humble opinion, a better place to start.

Ok I just got home from the races in Grand Rapids last night. One hell of a show..  Seemed like we were in lower Canada rather than michigan  :lol:  Them canadians love the super mods. My hero Jeff bloom from bangor Michigan lost the sprint car championship by 1 point  :cry: ..Ok back to the topic. I looked at this car yesterday and I found out what the reserve is.. This guy bought this to use as a template to build his own frames..  :roll: Ok he is having fun but i dont think id brag about the frames they are pretty rough..  The body aint bad but it will need work. I looked at the fire wall close and i noticed the belt line detail runs up hill from the a piller forward  :?:  This may be the indication of the cowl being to high.  There isnt a lot with the car and at his reserve of 15k ill pass.  I have his number  and I showed him a couple pics of my roadster and he wants to see it..  Anyway I went I saw I left..
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

This guy is a little impatient  :?:  he has already lowered his reserve to 13,9 and says that if he keeps the wheels and tires he will let it go for 12,9..  :?  I was thinking around 10k so maybe there is a good deal there. Ill have to keep watching the auction and if it doesnt sell then maybe ill call him and make an offer. What its missing to be a 13,9k car is spreader bars steering box drag link tie rod and there is a panhard bracket on the axle and the frame but no bar..  All that stuff adds up..
Dave

phat rat

your just itching to buy this aren't you?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"What its missing to be a 13,9k car is spreader bars steering box drag link tie rod and there is a panhard bracket on the axle and the frame but no bar..  All that stuff adds up..Dave
I'd say they are almost a necessity. My memory of early Econolines ia they go all over the road and they are even worse if the wind is blowing. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"your just itching to buy this aren't you?

Actually Jack No im not. But if the price is right then im interested and thats it.. If I could get it for around 10 to 10,9 then id for sure make some money on it. Thats it its all a money deal...I was more curious as to why the guy would  buy it for a template then build his own frames and i had a chance to go look at his operation.. charlie would chuckle if he saw them  :lol: . But like i said earlier the guy is retired and i guess he is having fun..
Joe ive actually ran a couple cars with 4 bars and no panhard rod and they drove fine. I dont do it now but it can be done.. Its kinda like me running all my brake systems with out residual or proportioning valves. Ive done it a bunch and had great brakes so im not a believer that you have to have all that crap to make em stop..
Dave

GPster

[quote="jusjunk"Joe ive actually ran a couple cars with 4 bars and no panhard rod and they drove fine. Dave[/quote]                                       Right answer wrong forum. I thought this was the one about the "Pop Up". That's the reason I used the word Econoline. GPster