Herculiner

Started by Fift4fe, September 25, 2007, 05:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fift4fe

Just bought an enclosed trailer and want to seal the ramp and floor.  Called the Rhinoliner place that did my pickup bed.  Many $$$.  Has anyone had any experience with the DIY Herculiner?   Good or bad?

TIA
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

ONE37TUDOR

I covered the bottom of a truck cab with it. It covered pretty good with a small roller and stuck good to the metal but I never figured out how to make it very even with the bumps in it? They would clunp in one place and then there would not be any in another area? If you don't mind what it looks like it should work fine for your application or you may be able to make it apply more evenly than I could?

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

Leon

I did a trailer with the stuff and it's OK but nothing special.  It reminds me of course sand thrown on an otherwise good paint job, very rough.

river1

one of my neighbors used it on his el camino. looked good );b(  , for awhile, as it aged it looked like dog P00. while it might have been his application technique, his work is normally top notch.

i wouldn't recommend it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

348tripower

The Eastwood company sells two brands. One is tintable the other is not. I believe one is called Gator Guard. I used it on the underside of the fender of my 37 Ford.  I liked the product and still have some in stock. It is not cheap, but it looks as good as the day it was applied.
Don
Don Colliau

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fift4fe"Just bought an enclosed trailer and want to seal the ramp and floor.  
Are you thinking of putting it on wood?
George

Fift4fe

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Fift4fe"Just bought an enclosed trailer and want to seal the ramp and floor.  
Are you thinking of putting it on wood?

Yep

The floor and ramp are plywood
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Bruce Dorsi

Have you considered using a good-quality, 2-part, solvent-based epoxy paint?  

If you need a rough surface for non-skid, you can add glass beads, abrasive grit, or sand to create the texture you want.

I have used this type of epoxy on plywood and Douglas Fir in a hostile (carwash) environment.   .....The wood lasts incredibly long because the epoxy is a very good moisture barrier.

There are 2-part water-based epoxy paints on the market, but I have no experience with them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

purplepickup

I just painted mine last night with polyurethane floor paint.  I've got a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet for the floor but I wanted to seal it against spills.  I used floor paint at the cabin and it's held up excellent, and there's dirt tracked in all the time.

George