Turbo 350

Started by Dave, September 23, 2007, 01:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A couple weeks ago I went to hook up a new kickdown cable on my turbo 350 in the roadster frame. Figured i may as well do it while it was easy access.  :?:  There is nothing to hook it to.. The wire or linkage or whatever ya call it isnt in the transmission near as i can tell.. Can that piece be bought  or do i have to go scrounging. The guy i got it from said no it was never hooked up . Im not suprised the trans shop that rebuilt it didnt fix that either.. He said he just did it manually but why? There is a time and place to do that and most of the time its while racing.
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

Dave

no one  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  maybe ill call a transmission place then..
Dave

enjenjo

You can get the part from D&E transmission in Detroit. you have to drop the pan to install it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"You can get the part from D&E transmission in Detroit. you have to drop the pan to install it.

ok thanks frank.. i shouldnt have messed with it cause now is leaking fluid around whats left of the cable  :!:  Oh well thats what they make drain pans for  :lol:
Dave

rumrumm

I ran my previous street rod without one--took it completely out and plugged the hole while I had the pan off putting the shift kit in. The little roadster was so overpowered with a supercharged 350, I never needed a passing gear. You can do that with a 350 TH but not with a lot of other transmissions.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"I ran my previous street rod without one--took it completely out and plugged the hole while I had the pan off putting the shift kit in. The little roadster was so overpowered with a supercharged 350, I never needed a passing gear. You can do that with a 350 TH but not with a lot of other transmissions.

Well ive had em hooked up on all my cars its kinda fun when you stand on er and it downshifts on its own and the secondaries open..  Ill have to contact that place and see bout getting the stuff i need. Right now im into the prep on the firewall for paint so ill fool with that later..
Dave