bonneville boyd

Started by river1, September 13, 2007, 11:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

american hotrod starts on the bonneville car tonite on TLC.

later jim

if this should be in the throne room feel free to move it.
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

it will be interesting to see the car built....... so many folks have opinions on why the car spun , the witch driving it , the brakes failed , her lack of recent  seat time.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

oiler

I'd have to say the stunned ho behind the wheel

58Apache

According to the show, Al, the chassis guy that quit, came back and warned them they better not do things the way they were going. Duane told them that they should ignore Al's warning and continue on.

Maybe Duane doesn't like Jo?

Bob C

Mikej

Those were great pictures. That reminds me of pulling tanks out of the mud in Germany. However our recovery vehicle never got stuck.

Dave

I watched it and all I can say is ill bet they had a hell of a time on the seat bottom.. (size) LOL
Dave :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

I was laughing when AL made the comments about the car being unstable at high speeds  with the front suspension setup they were using....

They need to get that Liz Miles in the car and let the witch sit on the side lines.. JMHO

oh wait.. there was a cat fight and Jo the witch show'd who is really in charge with Liz leaving the shop

8)
Tony

Leon

Jo insisted on having a foot brake instead of hand brake, maybe she hit the brake instead of the clutch and induced the spin?  It would have been nice to pull the chute instead of heading for the course workers!

jaybee

I thought Coddington's shop as shown on TV hit a new low when they fired Liz.  Wonder if she's been contacted yet by a lawyer who saw the show?  And the story about breaking through the salt is hilarious!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jaybee"I thought Coddington's shop as shown on TV hit a new low when they fired Liz.  Wonder if she's been contacted yet by a lawyer who saw the show?  And the story about breaking through the salt is hilarious!

Liz Miles is a sharp, good looking  gal... she may make a name for herself in the automotive field.  Time will tell.

Jo is good looking for her age.... they need to stop filming her butt.  Cameras add weight and there appears to be 2 - 3 cameras on her butt.  Actually just keep the witch off the show would be an improvement.

8)
Tony

Mikej

Scripted.  It is a TV show. Not her butt. All the horse hockey. I just like to see the cars but most of the time, I change the channel because of all the bs.

rumrumm

All the conflict is a set up to make the show interesting. Remember your high school English class--stories are based on conflict. Dwayne would be clearly guilty of sexual harassment if the stuff with Liz was real. And all that nonsense about time crunch and the manufactured obstacles that create a crisis about not getting it done on time. It's all there to add drama to a show that would otherwise be boring (or more boring, depending on your point of view!). It is the same thing with Foose's show. They have to have one of the actor/hosts harass the so-called victim. That is also a set up--don't the victims notice the microphone packs on their backs? And those fake disguises that wouldn't fool a grade school kid. I do like Foose's show better since you get to see the finished project right away. I think Boyd's show appeals to non-car people. They wouldn't know the difference between fiction and reality.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

I get a kick outta the poeple that take this seriously.. Yes it is scripted and thats to get viewers.. Its no different than american chopper. 90% bs .. If your gonna get anything outta these type shows ya gotta read between the lines and have a very open mind.. A sense of humor would help too.. :lol:  I watch em though ive never seen hard shine cause its later than i want to stay up.. Why do i watch em.. cause i hate the other tv crap .. I dont need no Idols or that reality junk either.. Even oif you think its poor tv its got cars in it..
Dave

bucketmouth

I'm with you jusjunk it's just a tv show but far better than a lot of other crap on tv.
It's a bit like some of the magazines you can buy full of advertising,editorial crap and buddies cars but I still buy them because there is still something in there worth reading about.
It's better than reading the local paper.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.