Sometimes its better to be lucky than good........

Started by EMSjunkie, August 24, 2007, 11:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

I guess there really is someone looking after me :!:

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine, we used to build race cars together. several years ago we bought a Hausfield hydraulic tubing bender from a muffler shop that was closing. got it dirt cheap.
anyway......he moved off to south TX and left the bender here in Amarillo at my shop.  he came and picked it up about 3-4 years ago.
he has an 84 Jaguar that he is scrapping out. he is gonna trade me my half of the bender for this jag rear end :shock:  :-o  :D  :D

the pieces for the C-cab are starting to come together 8)  8)

now, if I could just find a buddy with a blower :?  :wink:

I'm off to Joplin to get the frame :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

GPster

That means you'll have to get a disc brake set-up with Chevy bolt pattern for that "I" beam front axel. You'd probably better check Kugel's catalog for a fancy rear crossmember because a "flatbed" is going to leave all that fancy stuff out in the open. Don't loose fact of the idea that you're "making out like a bandit" because sometimes using the free stuff ain't cheap. Is this one going to be BLUE like that trophy taking coupe? GPster

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "GPster"That means you'll have to get a disc brake set-up with Chevy bolt pattern for that "I" beam front axel. You'd probably better check Kugel's catalog for a fancy rear crossmember because a "flatbed" is going to leave all that fancy stuff out in the open. Don't loose fact of the idea that you're "making out like a bandit" because sometimes using the free stuff ain't cheap. Is this one going to be BLUE like that trophy taking coupe? GPster

you got a good point there Joe, no such thing as a "free" kitten :shock:  :lol:

I was gonna go with disc front brakes anyway. maybe I'll use the 8.8 inch rear end that was under the cpe before I changed to the dics rear end, and save this Jag rear for another project :?

I now have witnesses, the cpe is in fact Purple.
kb426 has seen it a couple times and can attest to the fact that it is indeed PURPLE :!:  :!:
I dunno why it shows up blue in the pictures. I guess there is alot of blue base in that paint. the picture takin' dude at the car show took about 10 shots of it, trying to get the purple to show, he finally gave up.

I'll prolly paint the C-cab flat black. I plan on leaving a few of the bullet holes, just for character :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

MrMopar64

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
I now have witnesses, the cpe is in fact Purple.
kb426 has seen it a couple times and can attest to the fact that it is indeed PURPLE :!:  :!:
I dunno why it shows up blue in the pictures. I guess there is alot of blue base in that paint. the picture takin' dude at the car show took about 10 shots of it, trying to get the purple to show, he finally gave up.

Vance

Yeah mine does the same thing...... I don't have one pix that shows it's purple  :?

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

OK.... so there are two color blind folks

:arrow:  :wink:  :wink:  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)