Hey Lance

Started by kc ron, May 14, 2004, 02:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kc ron

I am trying to make Sringfield and am not sure if I can get my 1955 bird into the grounds. I know I can't enter it in the show but will they let me drive in? Can you tell me if it's possible? Thanks.
Ron  :roll:

HotRodLadyCrusr

No they won't, if it's not 1948 or older you will not be allowed in the fairgrounds at all.  You can't get into the fairgrounds without a registration sticker for the show on your car and only pre-49 can get a sticker.  You would have to park in the spectator parking.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

Quote from: "kc ron"I am trying to make Sringfield and am not sure if I can get my 1955 bird into the grounds. I know I can't enter it in the show but will they let me drive in? Can you tell me if it's possible? Thanks.
Something going on in Springfield this weekend?
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

HotRodLadyCrusr

NSRA show Memorial Weekend.

Welcome back from your cross country adventures bud! :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Jimc

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"NSRA show Memorial Weekend.

Welcome back from your cross country adventures bud! :wink:

Thanks! We drove for 69 hurs and 56 minutes totol time and 3961 miles.

How does that song go?
6 days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight.
Left 6:00 am Monday, got back 11:00 pm Saturday.

Lost a rr tire to road debris(tire parts) on the 15 in San Diego about 5:30 pm Wed evening. That was fun, just ask Judy about it.

I'm ready to go again, but my navigator says she wants to stay home for a while.

We'll see.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled post.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Jokester

The only way I know of to get it on the fairgrounds is to put it up for sale and pay to get in the swap meet area.  You wouldn't be able to cruise the grounds, but at least you'd be inside.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

kc ron

Thanks for the info. I will not take the Bird to Springfield. Guess I,ll have to ride in kc toms trunk and pout, it really aint too bad, plush but not roomy. That kinda reminds me of the driveins we used to attend, many years ago.  :(
Ron  :roll:

couper

Quote from: "kc ron"Thanks for the info. I will not take the Bird to Springfield. Guess I,ll have to ride in kc toms trunk and pout, it really aint too bad, plush but not roomy. That kinda reminds me of the driveins we used to attend, many years ago.  :(
Hi Ron. I've been out of town for the weekend.
They're right, the 'bird' won't get in unless you enter it in the 'for sale' section. There IS a "pay" parking lot near the southeast corner of the fairgrounds though that would be a great place to show it off and you can see it from inside the grounds. They also have a guard keeping an eye on things. (just a thought)
lance