GOT TO FIRE UP THE T ENGINE FINALLY....VIDEO

Started by donsrods, August 10, 2007, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

I am pretty excited.  My Son and I fired up the 350 Vortec I built for my T for the first time the other night.  So far so good, no leaks, 65-80 lbs oil pressure (depending on rpms) and it sounds pretty good.  Still have to install the correct sparkplug wires and fuel lines, but at least all the hard stuff is done.

If you want to watch a video, we did a YouTube: (I've posted it everywhere, and may even send one in my Christmas cards lol)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AioHw2-6Jyc

Don

Dave

kb426

Very good. Lets go around the block. Without all the rest of the parts. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Bib_Overalls

I got the seat set in my Model T this week.  And next week I should have the steering wheel and column in place.  So I will be able to sit in the seat, pretend to steer, and go "RRRRRRRRRRRRR" to my heart's content.

You got me beat by a mile or two.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

rooster

UGLY OLDS

My 1926 computer running at the speed of sludge & Dial-Up modem does not like "U-Tube" ...But if if the guy's say it's neat , I believe 'um :!:  :!:  Good Job   :D  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

sounds really good :!:  8)

love the color :D

but the last time I saw legs like that......they were attached to a chicken :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

donsrods

Koool! Had you "broke" the cam in earlier?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

donsrods

No, it's a roller cam engine..........no break in needed.  This is the first roller engine I've done, and always had to do that 2500 rpm thing for a while, but from now on I think I am only going to do roller cams because of that factor. Plus, I am really surprised how smoothly it idles.......sorta wish it was lumpier, but it seems rollers have that effect too.

Don

With todays oil being reformulated .....I think a roller cam is the only way to go.As you said......much smoother idle but they do sound a lot "tamer".
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"