The 974 is almost ready.

Started by WZ JUNK, July 28, 2007, 09:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

We worked on the car today.  Hooley has put a lot of work into the car again this year.  Everything seems to be on schedule.  Hooley and Sumner are to fire the engine and check the data logging electronics tomorrow.  Hooley leaves for the salt in one week.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

rooster

kb426

Best of luck to you guys. What is the goal for this year?
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

Yeah good luck guys will be watching.
Some one upped the record last year so we'll see how you go :)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

dragrcr50

thats a * fine looking group now, good luck guys.......... 255 sounds right for this year hooley........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Ohio Blue Tip

Good luck to all. :D   I'm bummed out I can't make the salt this year. :(
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

HotRodLadyCrusr

Good luck GUYS!  Looking forward to spending time with you all in Blanding and on the Salt.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

1FATGMC

Well we were pretty discouraged yesterday, but things are looking better tonight.  Seems the salt has taken it's toll on the car.  A lot of the data acquisition quit working or work some of the time.  I think all of that might be fixed at this point.

The trailer is still a mess.  Wait until you see how good looking it looks now, but that is part of the problem.  It was repainted thanks to Dayerll at AdPro and when they did that they screwed up a lot of the wiring.  Lights didn't work.  The brakes still aren't working, but it does look great.  Tomorrow it is back to working on the trailer and maybe I'll head home on Wed..  

Hooley worked hard on it over the weekend and has about 200 more pounds of weight installed in the nose of the car.  John and Jerry had the hot dirty job of cutting all the weight out of one huge piece of steel plate.  Thanks, guys.  They also cut up about 200 more pounds that we can add in the middle of the car if we need it.

Mike if you are reading this do you still need the weight you got from us last year??  If not can you bring it to the salt, so we can use it if needed??

John brought the weight over and then worked all day on trailer wiring as he posted above.  I've stayed and worked during the day and with Hooley when he gets off work in the evening till past 10.  We are pretty beat, but maybe the end is in sight.

Fired the motor Sunday and will probably do it again tomorrow night and it sounded great.

For those of you that don't know the salt is under water right now.  We are hoping it will be gone by speed week.

c ya,

Sum

river1

Quote from: "1FATGMC"For those of you that don't know the salt is under water right now.  We are hoping it will be gone by speed week.
c ya,
Sum

copy pasted from the SCTA website

QuoteJuly 30, 2007

Larry Volk called Mike Waters this afternoon (7-30-07) about 2:30, he had been out on the salt.

Conditions are as follows:

There is standing water, about 6" deep at the end of the road,

There is about 2" at the starting lines and it's about 1" deep at the 2 mile.

The courses are in need of further work (Dragging) due to the flooding.

The salt is mostly dry around the side of Saldero *.

Larry went to visit Russ Draper at the Intrepid plant and get his take on what to expect.

The consensus was, between Larry and Russ Draper,  that if we get no more rain then evaporation will most likely take care of the remaining water.

Russ estimates the evaporation rate at about 1/2" per day with the 90 deg. plus weather they are having. Of course the wind will help also.

A segment of our work force is scheduled to arrive this coming Sunday and by then we'll have a better picture of things to come. Stay tuned for more updates!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

did you renumber the plug wires?

see you in a week

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

EMSjunkie

Cinch down the belts, and elbows up Hooley :!:  8)  :D

Good luck :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****