Magazine collection

Started by 47 ragtop, July 20, 2007, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47 ragtop

I am trying to reduce my magazine collection and I hate to just throw them away. Anyone want Street Rodder or Street Scene  mags from 1990 to the present ? FREE plus shipping !! 16 will fit in US Postal flat rate boxes and shipping is about $8.00. Thanks

HotRodLadyCrusr

If I give the date of the Streetrodder issue I was in would you pull that one out for me and bring it to Kzoo or something for me?? 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

47 ragtop

Sure,just let me know which issues you want and I will send them to you.

UGLY OLDS

This sounds crazy BUT.....Can you try to find a group of "young guys" in your area to give them to ?? ( Remove the address labels of course..)  I had a complete collection of Car Craft from 1964 on I was trying to sell at a swap meet a few years back...Every magazine seller there was offering me .05 each for everything ( only to be re-sold at $1.50 to $15.00 for early issues) ...A young guy came up with his bud's looking at the early issues trying to find idea's & articles to build "period cars" ...They were VERY serious & knowledgeable about what they were looking at & talking about but he was down to his last $10.00 ....We handed them 4 boxes of magazines & told him to keep his $10.00 for "gas money" ....I thought he was gonna wet his drawers...... :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I gave my collection of old magazines to a young guy for the same reason. several thousand of them, going back to the 40s. Three months later I saw some of them on Ebay with a $40 buy it now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

teal32

I take mine to the Doctor and Dentist office. If I have to read Better Homes & Gardens one more time.................
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

2buck

I took a box of rodder magazines that I no longer needed & put a FREE Sign on it to a cruise in. By the end of the evening most were gone!
:lol:

Inprimer

Quote from: "2buck"I took a box of rodder magazines that I no longer needed & put a FREE Sign on it to a cruise in. By the end of the evening most were gone!
:lol:
we have a monthly car club meeting. we bring in old mags and sometime dated catalogs i.e. Speedway etc. they are scooped up by the end of the night.