interesting

Started by river1, July 18, 2007, 03:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

i was out for a walk this evening and i came across a small piece of steel plate. like most (all) car guys i picked it up to put in the stash pile. when i got home i noticed that it had a part number on it, so i googled it. i found this

http://www.scienceblog.com/store/1-15707521-B000I1CA6S-Differential_Shim_Installer_T85L_4067_AH.html

$66.95 for a piece of steel plate :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

is that crazy or what. i figure i could whip one out from the scrap pile in a half hour or so. someone with a better tool selection like frank could prolly do it in 10 minutes.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Leon

I've found that with transmission tools, also.  I have built several myself, but a few of them require you to tighten to a certain torque and they don't tell you the pitch of the thread in the tool or the critical dimensions, so it's easier to buy them.  I just spent $160 on AOD tools.

phat46

I bet the guy that dropped it is bummed!!!  :lol:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "river1"i was out for a walk this evening and i came across a small piece of steel plate. like most (all) car guys i picked it up to put in the stash pile. when i got home i noticed that it had a part number on it, so i googled it. i found this

http://www.scienceblog.com/store/1-15707521-B000I1CA6S-Differential_Shim_Installer_T85L_4067_AH.html

$66.95 for a piece of steel plate :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

is that crazy or what. i figure i could whip one out from the scrap pile in a half hour or so. someone with a better tool selection like frank could prolly do it in 10 minutes.

later jim

just one more reason Team Smart rocks :!:

I just happen to have an 8.8 inch limited slip differential :shock:

so if I need to add shims, I know where I can borrow a shim installer :-o

way to go Jim 8)  );b(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****