Fan switch, what is avalible at the auto parts store

Started by Roadstar, June 27, 2007, 09:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

I'm need a thermostat switch for my electic fan, I seem to remember Frank telling me about a mopar switch that will turn the fan on at around 200, I will be runing it through a relay of course.

I have bought the ones from Lobeck in the past, not that there is anything wrong with the ones he or the other hot rod parts suppliers sell, but I think I can get the same thing at any auto parts store and maybe for half the price,

Thanks

Dave

Rudy im not home right now im on vacation but i had (gotta find it) a part # from advance auto for an adjustable one but they never had it at the stores.. Ill look when i get home. Also try ebay. Rutters in kzoo is selling there and they had one like mine for under 30 bucks..
Dave :wink:

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I use one from a Chrysler Mini van but I think it triggers at about 185.  If Frank does not come up with one, I can try to find the part number in my data at the shop tomorrow morning.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

MrMopar64

I used the one from Auto Zone. It was about 20/25 bucks... It's adjustable
has built in relays and a lead for A/C. I ran it about 1 1/2 years with no problems till my fan threw all the blades off out on the road and I had to buy a flex fan to get it home
It runs just as cool with the flex so I never put an electric back on.

MM64 8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Roadstar

Thanks guys here is a pic of the new car, hope to fire it up this weekend if all goes well.

enjenjo

Sorry I have not come up with a number, can't find it in my records, must have been on the old computer. I got the application from WzJunk, so if he still has it, that's who to ask.

tom36

This maybe what you are looking for--NAPA #  FS 120.  It is a 1/2" NPT male end, 2 terminal switch.  Passes power thru at 190 degrees.  I think it is from a Caravan.  Tom...

enjenjo

That sounds like it. I think it was for a Caravan.

Roadstar

Thanks guys, I think the caravan us what you said Frank,

I ended up with a GM fan control swithch we had at work, I was able to get he correct connector at the autopart store so I am gonna see if it works, we had a 56 chevy at work with Ram Jet engine and A/C and this is the switch that was used to control the fan, and it is suppoesd to be around 200 to ground out, so it should work just fine,