32 Roadster progress

Started by nzsimon, June 22, 2007, 10:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

I have started the long reassembly now the chassis is painted some of the things I couldn't mock up are also being fabricated now such as the rear brake lines which I couldn't do easily with the body on

It is surprisingly hard to run brake lines on round tubing chassis I had to make some small widgets to hold them doesn't look like much but it took a whole weekend

I have also made the brackets to hold the Trans cooler I changed my mind where to put it and decided to mount it to the chassis instead of where I originally wanted it I just can't bring myself to mount it to the radiator and run ugly pipes all the way there
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

enjenjo

Looks good, that's the fun part.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Nice details! too bad you have to put a body over all that work!

EMSjunkie

Sweet :!:  :!:  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

VERY neat workmanship... :D   I LIKE IT  :!:  :!:  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Jbird

Did you make those widgets using one of them rotating gizmos?

Nice work, nice detail. Thanks for the pics Simon.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

slocrow

So, Mr Simon, it does look real good and I have a question. With the relocated tranny cooler position, how do you see it affecting the exhaust plumbing? ..........Tkx, Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"So, Mr Simon, it does look real good and I have a question. With the relocated tranny cooler position, how do you see it affecting the exhaust plumbing? ..........Tkx, Frank

Hey.. ya we just talked and ill c u in a bit for cocktails.. I tried my cooler and its just about the same size in that position and the exhaust ran pretty close to it. I moved mine in board and its actually over the end of the trans and the front of the drive shaft. Thats a pretty good size cooler and mine is also but it was a steal on ebay. Its an over grown B&M style.
I moved mine just because but there may not be a problem at all with the exhaust. I just try to avoid any possibility of something heating up except maybe me :lol: ..
Simon answer franks question I would like to hear your thoughts also.
Dave

ps: I forgot.. Thats sweeeeeeet. nice....very nice work

nzsimon

my exhaust runs down the outside of the chassis so no problem I just hope it gets enough air but the trans was made for a way heavier car so should be ok

i would post a picture but I get this Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.

Rotating gizmo . no I made them with an armstrong mill you know a file and a vise they are made of three pieces a flat bit that I bent round a 24mm socket and a another bit i made by tigging a length of tubing to some flat and then sliced up to make the actual clip

The fitrst bit bolts to the chassis with a m6 and the small clip bolts the line to this via a m5 and nylock probaly way more complicated than it needs to be but I couldn't think of anyother way with the materials I had

all in stainless then polshed on the bench grinder with a mop
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true