Tennissee car show

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 18, 2007, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

WOW , what can you say about the loss of life at the Selmer TN car show "Cars for Kids"

I viewed a short clip of this show last year while the cars did some burn outs....

I thought then it was an accident looking for a place to happen with people lining the road as the cars did long burn outs

:cry:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Yeah, pretty lousy concept all the way around.

Kinda see why GG and NSRA push the no burnouts so much.

Such a black eye for 'real' drag racing, none of the news shows seems
to mention the 'on the street' exhibiiton part and no relationship to
actual organized racing events.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"WOW , what can you say about the loss of life at the Selmer TN car show "Cars for Kids"

I viewed a short clip of this show last year while the cars did some burn outs....

I thought then it was an accident looking for a place to happen with people lining the road as the cars did long burn outs

The end of the press statement from the race team shows they are trying to distance themselves from some of the blame. They know what the next round is going to be - courts and lawyers.

Blame can be placed in alot of places on this. But let's stop for a moment and say a little something for the victims of this tradgedy before debating the faults and actions of the people involved in having it happen.

I also heard today that when the driver knew he'd gone past the point of no return in getting the car stopped or slowed, that he steered the car as best he could into the light pole to try and minimize the circumstances and deflect some of the damage away from the bystanders. If he'd gone full bore into that crowd nose first, at that speed, we'd be reading about a lot higher casualty rate of people.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Crosley"WOW , what can you say about the loss of life at the Selmer TN car show "Cars for Kids"

Blame can be placed in alot of places on this. But let's stop for a moment and say a little something for the victims of this tradgedy before debating the faults and actions of the people involved in having it happen.

I too viewed that clip. what was he thinking??
I agree it is a tragic event, but it could have been prevented.

the guys who pilot those cars know what they are capable of, and what can happen in the blink of an eye.

so many lives have been affected by this, and I am sure there will be legal actions against those responsible. but it doesn't change the fact that innocent people died  :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****