More redneck how to kill a rainy day tech.

Started by Rayvyn, June 02, 2007, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

The old whale crate I'm drivin' never had a Gen light in it, and when I swtiched over to the Alternator, I wanted something as a warning in  case the belt got thrown. (I don't drive with my hearing aids in, and I wouldn't hear the loose belt if I didn't have them)
So, where to rig up a light that's visible without drilling holes in the dash?

I have my good stereo mounted in the glovebox, and to discourage thieves, I gutted an old cassette radio from a trans am and mounted it up as a dummy in the original radio bezel.

The original radios had a speaker selector button that mounted in the slot at the top of the bezel. Since the old radio is history, I used that space for the $2.99 clearance light, placed in series in the exciter wire circuit.

It's out of the way, but very visible and close to eye level. It was my way of staying busy while the storm rolled through. Even this old hog freighter needs a couple of bells and whistles... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

pretty spiffy idear there Bry :idea:

don't drive with the aids in..........hummmm......lives in Florida........hummm.......I wonder if the teeth are store bought too :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"pretty spiffy idear there Bry :idea:

don't drive with the aids in..........hummmm......lives in Florida........hummm.......I wonder if the teeth are store bought too :shock:

Vance

Wonder if they sell skin there. I could sure use a pound or too today :cry: Thank got i can still hear (kinda) and ive got my teeth.
Dave

tomslik

yeah, there's prolly some 90 year old lady with flapping underarms that'll give ya some.....

wait'll she asks you if you want some gum, too.... :shock:

(we still need a "puke" Emoticon....)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

UGLY OLDS

Vance

It is a neat idea :idea: ......

He's prolly just upset that his city is almost completed the crossing signal change-over...They now read " Shuffle" & " Don't Shuffle" ....... :?  :?
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Good one ugly.. hey i forgot its raining here but i got nothing to wreck today and i just talked to my buddy and he said if i see lightening then stay inside :?: .. Looks like im safe unless we have a tornader..
Dave :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Vance

He's prolly just upset that his city is almost completed the crossing signal change-over...They now read " Shuffle" & " Don't Shuffle" ....... :?  :?

Yeah, but we also have the audible signals too, because ya'll know we like to wear those big black sunglasses that the eye Drs. give us... 8)

Hey Vance, thanks buddy. Don't you have to go post in the Powder Room again... :?:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "tomslik"yeah, there's prolly some 90 year old lady with flapping underarms that'll give ya some.....

wait'll she asks you if you want some gum, too.... :shock:

(we still need a "puke" Emoticon....)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

Crosley.In.AZ

dave, now you need to join the ATGATT crowd.

rayvyn...... those 'training wheels' are a neat setup. the wheels move up & down on the bike.  Folks with 1 or weak legs use this setup IF they are not on a bike that is a trike.

There is a new photo on killboy.com where a fellow that is partially missing his lower left arm. He   is riding with a hook on his left side to operate the clutch lever.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Crosley"dave, now you need to join the ATGATT crowd.

rayvyn...... those 'training wheels' are a neat setup. the wheels move up & down on the bike.  Folks with 1 or weak legs use this setup IF they are not on a bike that is a trike.

There is a new photo on killboy.com where a fellow that is partially missing his lower left arm. He   is riding with a hook on his left side to operate the clutch lever.

Aren't they controlled with a switch on the handlebars?
***SFC-Team Smart***

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Vance

Yeah, but we also have the audible signals too, because ya'll know we like to wear those big black sunglasses that the eye Drs. give us... 8)

Hey Vance, thanks buddy. Don't you have to go post in the Powder Room again... :?:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nope, they are still miffed at me for the last time I was in there....... guess I left the seat up :oops:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Why would you guys wanna post in the powder room :?:  Thats like going to your family reunion looking for a date :!:
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

bezel conversion looks fine.  a great idea.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"Why would you guys wanna post in the powder room :?:  Thats like going to your family reunion looking for a date :!:
Dave

I don't even want to know  :shock: how you know that! :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Why would you guys wanna post in the powder room :?:  Thats like going to your family reunion looking for a date :!:
Dave

I don't even want to know  :shock: how you know that! :P

Here's where it came from...Dave's STILL angry about it..... :shock:  :shock:

A new law was recently passed in Michigan.... .
When a couple gets divorced, they are STILL cousins. :?:  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****