Gone

Started by Dave, May 31, 2007, 05:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Its 5pm and I just watched the coupe go down the road for the second time. Ive never had anyone drive it so i could watch it.. This time Its not comming back.... The check sure looks nice though........
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Good that it is sold without hassles.... :D  Bad that you are now " car-less" ... :(    BUT...Now you can play .." To the bank..To the bank..To the bank-bank-bank"... :lol:  :lol:  How will we find you at K-Zoo :?:  :?: Gee...Ever think about building a roadster :?:  :?:  :P
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I don't know whether to say I'm sorry or congratulations. In my world, it would mean a new beginning so it would be a good thing. I hope it is for you. :D
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Well Dave I'm glad for you that the deal took place.  :D Has to be that you wanted it to or you wouldn't have let it go.  :)  Now get to work on the roadster and have it at the Zoo :wink: Oh by the way got any 100's to spare I could use a few. :P  I'll even take ones that are dirty  :roll:  Shows how good a friend I am :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Congrats on the sale,Dave!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moose

good for you Dave. Regrets will set in later!

Tim

Dave

Thanks kids.. Now the bad news.. My son and the secretary of state. The driving record wanst right and its thier fault and now someone wants to put a dwi on his record for june like its not even june yet. I told him call back tomorrow get the name of the employee and the persons employee number then ask for a supervisor . This all took place in 2000 not june of 07..
Im ready were going back to court. If this person thinks they are a judge and can pull this * im after someones job. I also told him to call the lawyer that did the deal and tell him 4k he isnt done! ..........If it waSNT PUT ON HIS RECORD IN 2000 THEY LOOSE.... caps lock... lol Ok the coupe again.. I gotta tell ya after dying and comming back im thinking retirement and some fun. ya im gonna build the roadster now but im sure it will be next summer before its done. Im planning on a race in kzoo saturday but if its raining like they said ill be working on the roadster
Dave :lol:

Husker

Did you have this car in the Detroit Autorama?

58 Yeoman

Any heart strings tuggin' at you while the coupe was leaving, Dave?  I'm trading my Goldwing for a new one today, and my GF asked if I'd be sad to see it go, and I said no; but, I've only had it for 5 years.  I told her I don't get attached to vehicles anymore.

But, I don't know how I'd feel if it was the Yeoman leaving; I've had it almost 20 years.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "Husker"Did you have this car in the Detroit Autorama?

Yes it was at detroit.. I was in the display with 32 1932 fords.
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Any heart strings tuggin' at you while the coupe was leaving, Dave?  I'm trading my Goldwing for a new one today, and my GF asked if I'd be sad to see it go, and I said no; but, I've only had it for 5 years.  I told her I don't get attached to vehicles anymore.

But, I don't know how I'd feel if it was the Yeoman leaving; I've had it almost 20 years.

Ya know Sue and I have mixed feelings about selling it but we both agree on one thing the check looks good and its big money. We also agreed that the roadster doesnt need to be as nice as the coupe was. We want something that were not afraid to drive. When I got the coupe done it was too nice :!: I enjoyed driving it and its ben to louisville and a lot of other places but like i said it was too nice. I made good money since it only took 6 months to build. It was my dream car but things change. Im sittin here looking at the check and i cant wait to get it in the bank this afternoon. I think ill work on the roadster tomorrow ans sunday. :lol:
Dave :lol:

Okiedokie

Gald you sold it Dave, glad your glad you sold it. It was not a good day for me when I watched the first car I did from the ground up go down the road after I led the guy out of town. I have regretted it since. It was a forty tudor sedan. I thought that I had to sell it to build a 40 coupe. Now 12 years later I have the 40 coupe about finished , a 53 F100 finished, and the 46 coupe I bought as a driver has had many changes/updates . If I had been more patient I could have kept the sedan. Oh well, just brought home a 40 tudor to do next. The longest I have been without a 40 tudor[since 1963] is the twelve years between then and now. I'm smilin' now. Glad you are too. Joe

rumrumm

Congrats, Dave. When I sold my '29 in 2000, I went shopping for a new project at Yogi's later that week. That kind excitement helped me deal with seeing my '29 roll down the street on a trailer. I finished the '29 in 1988 and it was my first street rod so there was a lot of sentimental value and emotional attachment.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"Congrats, Dave. When I sold my '29 in 2000, I went shopping for a new project at Yogi's later that week. That kind excitement helped me deal with seeing my '29 roll down the street on a trailer. I finished the '29 in 1988 and it was my first street rod so there was a lot of sentimental value and emotional attachment.

ya when i sold my 34 i shopped for parts for the 32. It was fun but i found i really wasnt attached to the 32 like i thought id be  :lol: I like the big check better :lol: I have all but a few parts for the roadster so ill have it running as soon as i can or feel like getting it put together. I have been having a lot of fun riding the harley and just kicking back. I do want another car but its not at the top of the list right now.
Dave

Husker

40 showed it to me, it is a real sweet ride!