Its now offical ROB'S SURPRISE

Started by KustomLincolnLady, May 24, 2007, 08:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

SHHHHHH, don't tell him LOL...I tried hard to pull it off as a done deal, but wasn't able to pin  him down enough to feel comfortable in purchasing it without his direction.

I had some old stock from my first job in high school, I decided that after dad passed away and now my uncle being so bad (improving daily!!!)  that you can't take it with you and we should do something fun,

soooooooo, I just bought Rob a 2002 Road King  :lol:  :!:  :!:  :!:

He knows he's getting a bike, but I was able to find one thru the help of his buddy Gary who has a bike shop, he just called we had a lead on this bike that gary has serviced since new, says the guy has put an additional 7,000+ in speed equipment and pipes and stuff on it. said this is the bike to have!!  well we thought that it was sold, but the guy ended up needing a grand more than he told the other buyer, so gary said if I come over right now and give you the other grand will you sell it to me? so he said yes!!!!  so gary called to see if i wanted to do it and i stammered around cause its already 3k more than I told rob he could have to play with!!

I TOLD HIM DO IT, so i started to tell rob and he says don't tell him  :lol:
I will go get it tonight, and then you can either have him come over on fri or sat and you can still surprise him!!! LOL  so i told rob the guy had to have to much for it and i didn't have enough money :) ;)

so im going to call gary in the morn and get the numbers and call my ins man in the morn (sure hope hes in) and we will be all set for the weekend. only one prob it has a single seat, but gary said he would take care of that for me too!!!  (hopefully, so i can ride it this weekend)

so thats my surprise!!!!!!!!!! I'll post pics tomorrow, but I had to tell someone!!!

oh yeah and now for the bad news today. the court said stepb could take the 64 1/2 mustang and the safe with coin collection back in her possession until they have the ultimate dispostion by the court  :cry:
just unbelieavable

Fuzzy

What a lucky guy! He's gonna be smilin' all weekend.And how about you for a great wife.Lucky,Lucky,Lucky!
No billet for this kid!

Dave

Sweeeeeeet. Good deal Debb.. sorry about the stang and the coin collection. I hope she gets S^&T down the road.. Sue and I are going to indy tomorrow and we will back track to anderson tomorrow night and stay there till sunday. You might pm me your number and we can try and stop by sunday on the way north.. Im happy for u guys. we love our bike and we rode in again today and got home late!
dave

KustomLincolnLady

Fuzzy, sorry I never got to say goodbye to you on sat :(  we looked for you but rob said the car you came in was gone, gee i missed that too :(
yeah, he is pretty happy right now, a little bummed that we couldn't find a bike and have it for the weekend,
but thats all about to change, I just pray with my luck that my ins man is available tomorrow!!!!

Dave, we had planned on hanging around the house most of the day, but Im sure that will change now ;) but try us, it would be great to see you guys, any idea what time you think you would be coming thru?

Pm with #'s sent to ya too  :wink:

bombcan

so you did it!  Congrats to Rob.

About stepB, sorry for all the loss this woman has caused in your life, but you gotta bunch of friends here that have your back, darlin.  Hang on better days are coming.

Congrats on the surprise purchase.....Although,I'm not sure who's looking forward to it more  :P My Dyna just sits in the shop patiently waiting for someone to ride it.......I think I've put all of 50 or 60 miles on it total in the last 3 years.....it has less than 5K since new in 95.....Maybe I'll ride it a bit over the Holiday weekend! Enjoy the bike,ride safe and WEAR YOUR HELMETS!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Roadstar

I have alway said how lucky Rob was to have YOU, the bike is just a small bonus. :wink:

Deuce

:)

Rob is a LUCKY man ...
Just have him be careful. The idiots out drivings car today scare me ...

I just hope he enjoys his HD as much as I do mine ...
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Roadstar"I have alway said how lucky Rob was to have YOU, the bike is just a small bonus. :wink:

Awe you guys are making me blush  :oops: LOL

Randy we had a bike 25yrs ago for about 8 yrs, we sold it for the down pmt on our first house, he has wanted one since then, but the last 3 yrs have been almost unbearable, lol

so here is what I got him, so boys how did I do, surprised him with it tonight, he hasn't stopped pinching himself yet!!!! hahahha

Debb

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fuzzy

You did great! I remember I still had my Electra-Glide when I first met you guys.The bike looks mighty fine,and I know the smile on his face is gonna be there for quite some time.Sorry I missed you later,they decided to go to another party.See ya' soon.
No billet for this kid!

Rayvyn

Fairly close in color to the Lincoln if I remember right.
Itza shame you live in one of those "snow and ice and road salt" states. I'll be glad to give it free WARM storage during the winter months for ya... :wink:  :D
Nice looking ride... );b(
Ya done good girl... :b-d:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Fairly close in color to the Lincoln if I remember right.
Itza shame you live in one of those "snow and ice and road salt" states. I'll be glad to give it free WARM storage during the winter months for ya... :wink:  :D
Nice looking ride... );b(
Ya done good girl... :b-d:

LOL, your funny bry, yes it is faily close a little brighter red.

I'm surprised no one has commented on it being a single seat :!:  :!:  :lol:

well we have already modified that problem!!! we had to get rear foot boards too. I told rob if I aint riding he isn't either  :wink:

weather sucked here today, we got it out for about 1 1/2 hrs between rain. 60% chance of rain again tomorrow :roll:   prob be putting a lot of miles on her monday!!! LOL

debb

This thread got me fired up to get my bike out today! As usual,the battery was down so after charging it for a bit.....I fired it up and off I went! About 10 minutes into my ride,I feel something wet hitting my left leg......It was gas! The fuel line where it's connected to the petcock dry rotted just behind the clamp and was leaking fuel which was spraying all over at 70mph!Oh well,I got it home without bursting into a ball of fire....the line is original and the Dyna is a 94....guess I got pretty good service out of it! It doesn't leak with the shutoff closed......Perhaps I'll fix it before my annual ride next year  :roll: