UH OH !!!!!

Started by Dave, May 21, 2007, 02:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok kids.. 5pm this evening im meeting with a possible buyer for the Coupe :shock: The only thing I can tell you is i cant afford to not sell it if we agree on what I told him at autorama. This is kind of a shock and a supprise but we are going to talk tonite.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

sirstude

maybe it's a good think you didn't sell the roadster. :wink:
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that what happens tonight goes the way you want it to. Be it sell or not. As Doug said, might be a good thing that you haven't sold the roadster yet
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Good Luck Gilligan.

BTW-keep the roadster. You'll need to put something in the trailer... :P  :P  :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

GPster

Keep in mind that other set of wheels that you bought for it and didn't like. They might make the deal. There's something to be said about having something that somebody else thinks it's worth something. I haven't been in that position since I sold we sold my "Softail" and sidecar in 2000. GPster

kb426

TEAM SMART

Dave

Looks like a done deal.  42.5 k we will know for sure tomorrow. I was looking for 45 but im not stupid and im making about  7k  :arrow:  :wink:
Dave :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

Dave

This wasnt sumpin we had planed but I knew this guy was very interested in the coupe. Sue and I were talking about this the other night and she said he was gonna call when we least expected it. :lol: Yup im glad i kept the roadster project and as soon as we get this deal done ill be working a little harder on it.
Dave :!:  :wink:  :!:

rumrumm

Lookit all the money you'll have for the roadster!! Congrats!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"Lookit all the money you'll have for the roadster!! Congrats!!

Lynn The money wasnt a problem i have that covered. My lack of ambition is the main problem :lol:  I swore that my coupe was the last car i was gonna build and id never sell it :roll: Well after you come back from the dead like I did you tend to look at things a lot differently. I realised after i started on the roadster that i really didnt want to get back into building another car. I also looked at my coupe as just that, another car.
I really enjoyed building the coupe and its a fine ride but I realised I wouldnt miss it either. I didnt have it for sale it was one of them things that just happened. So now i need to finish the roadster. Ill get it done but it doesnt look like it will happen this summer. Im sure ill have a roller again soon but I dont think ill bust * to make it a driver till next summer.
One thing leads to another and this is leading to more work  :lol: The funny part is the fact that i was building the roadster to sell (if i kept building it) and was gonna just drive the coupe :?:
Dave

Deuce

I do not see a problem ...  :)

Put the $$$ in the bank and lower the price on the roadster ( you said you made 7 grand on the 3W ) .. Dump the roadster. Both were disposable anyway ...

With a pocket full of cash ... go BUY something you really want/like

Problem solved ...

Lots of events coming up to shop at .. [/b]
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Quote from: "Deuce"I do not see a problem ...  :)

Put the $$$ in the bank and lower the price on the roadster ( you said you made 7 grand on the 3W ) .. Dump the roadster. Both were disposable anyway ...

With a pocket full of cash ... go BUY something you really want/like

Problem solved ...

Lots of events coming up to shop at .. [/b]

Hey thats pretty good thinkin but im gonna pass. I can recoupe my money on the roadster by finishing it. And i never said its not what i wanted i just said i didnt know if i wanted another project after i bought it. Ill have to finish it now and a good kick in the * never hurt anyone :lol:
Id rather finish it and play with it for a while and at least break even.
The guy thats buying the coupe is comming over in a bit with his wife but its only to show her the car. The deal is pretty much done.  He has to get his cash then pay me and ill wait cause im in no hurry. Oh ya i wasnt being scrcastic on the reply about the money for the roadster it just worked out that i had funds set aside to finish it so i didnt need this money to do that. I dont want to give anyone the wrong idea.  Im not bragging by no means just stating facts. This money is going in the bank and with a little more ive got saved up im gonna start planning my retirement. I will have another hot rod and yes its in the garage in the basement in the driveway too......... :lol:  I am looking forward to riding the harley a lot this summer and sue and i have 2 days in so far this week and we will ride tomorrow too. 8)
Dave

phat rat

"yes I want it but I need to show the wife/banker/whatever first"  Well don't be counting the money yet. I don't mean to be a downer but how many tmes does a deal with those facts pan out? I do hope my feeling is wrong and that it is a done deal.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

It'll be alot harder to find you at shows if you sell the coupe. It was easy when all we had to do was look for the trailer... :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :wink:

Glad to see you're looking out for your retirement. At your age, riding in that coupe wearing Depends would get a little uncomfortable. Did the coupe have cup holders for the Metamucil... :?:  :P  :P  :wink:  :D

Seriously, good luck with whatever direction things take... );b(  :D  
Be thankful that you're still here to make those decisions.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...