Air cleaner top

Started by enjenjo, May 02, 2007, 08:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I want a finned air cleaner top for my Buick. I want a finned one that matches the valve covers. I also want it to be round, and between 12" and 14" diameter. The fins I am looking for are about 1/2" apart, 1/8" thick, and 3/8" high. I can make one on my mill, but I see a lot of hours, and one mistake will ruin it.

Any suggestions?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Jokester

Just buy a 4' by 8' sheet of finned aluminum and cut off a piece.

If you find any, I'd like to buy a piece of it too.

:lol:  :lol:

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Jokester"Just buy a 4' by 8' sheet of finned aluminum and cut off a piece.

If you find any, I'd like to buy a piece of it too.

:lol:  :lol:

.bjb

Believe it or not, I have been looking for that. no luck so far.

Rochie

Frank,
what about using some 1/8 X 3/8 stock, drilling 1/8th holes in the breather top in the pattern you want the fins and plug weld the 1/8 x/3/8 from the underside of the top? Even if the 1/8th holes aren't large enough, you can allways drill larger holes and re-finish the top. I plan to try this on my tri power breather that I made a few years ago and match my Cal Custom valve covers.
Wayne

BFS57

Hello;
Man, you guys whats with all the talk about fabrication? Just do the EBAY thing and look! Much less time, much less work. I also saw one in my recent copy of Rod and Custom Magazine advertised from some supplier.

Bruce

enjenjo

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
Man, you guys whats with all the talk about fabrication? Just do the EBAY thing and look! Much less time, much less work. I also saw one in my recent copy of Rod and Custom Magazine advertised from some supplier.

Bruce

That's why I posted, who is the supplier? I'll even buy one from you :D

348tripower

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;

Bruce

That's why I posted, who is the supplier? I'll even buy one from you :D

Try Streamline
Don Colliau

tom36

Frank, I did a google search on "finned aluminium air cleaners". and came up with a lot but all that I saw had either a row of fins down the middle or a couple of rows separated.  Here is one site.   Tom...
http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/Cast_Aluminum_Air_Cleaner_Top.html

enjenjo

I found that one too Tom, and may settle for it, but I was hoping tp find a totally finned one.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"I found that one too Tom, and may settle for it, but I was hoping tp find a totally finned one.

Any swap lately that Gardner Wescott has been at he's had that top
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

BFS57

Enjenjo;
The Streamline hot rod parts web is: www.StreamlineRods.com
I'm pretty sure I saw what you are looking for in their latest magazine ad in Rod and Custom.

Bruce

Rayvyn

* Products has one. Not sure of the size tho'. Says it fits Caddy and Olds.

At the top of the page, click on catagory, then air cleaner, then hit search.

http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadegdjb&GHOME=www.*.com&TITLE=*
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

That may work Bry, I have an email in to them to find out how big it is.

J Man

Did you check with O'Brian Truckers yet?

enjenjo

Quote from: "J Man"Did you check with O'Brian Truckers yet?

He doesn't catalog one, but it might be worth getting hold of him.