Those Dodge boys, what'll they........

Started by Jbird, May 05, 2004, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

...think of next. Pulled the heads off a 94 Viper to change some weeping head gaskets and discovered these nifty bolt holder compartments cast right into the block. Is that cool or what.
Jbird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

SKR8PN

THAT,my friend,is a rather risky habit to get into................
DO NOT ask me how I know........................
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "SKR8PN"THAT,my friend,is a rather risky habit to get into................
DO NOT ask me how I know........................

How do you know?  :twisted:  :twisted:

SKR8PN

When you aren't looking,those bolts will get up and RUN into places,inside the engine, you can not reach. At least,places you can't reach WITHOUT taking more pieces off the engine. :lol:
Ohhhhhh.......if you DON'T find the bolts,they make funny,but REALLY expensive noises.....

Or so I have been told 8)  :twisted:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Jbird

Jim, it's only a Viper, the owner probably wouldn't even notice a few loose bolts rattling around in there. But he would notice the lag bolts I had to use to fill in the holes the lost bolts were supposed to go back into.

Just a staged photo. The bolts are safely organized on the bench waiting for me to get off my lazy butt.

A few years (15?) ago I pulled apart a VW engine I just put together because I couldn't remember staking the rod nuts. I'd staked them, but if I hadn't made sure I'd probably still be waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.
Jbird  8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

nzsimon

A bunch of years ago I had a Toyota box on the back of a small block ford and it spat the Lay shaft so I stripped it and rebuilt it useing bigger stronger bearings
When I reassembled I had a machined C shaped spacer left over So I restripped and paying closer attn I reassembled

I still had the spacer left over never did find out what it did That box did very heavy duty behind that small block for the following 5  years till I sold it still performing just fine

Wonder what that part did ?
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true