Started by J Man, April 29, 2007, 02:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Man

Hi, my name is Jason. Not sure if we have to do intros here but I thought I would do one anyway, hopefully this is the right place. Some of you may know of me from the H.A.M.B. where I go by the same name. I have recently moved to Sherwood, OH and work for GM at the Defiance foundry. As far as vehicles, I have too many. I will list them below. I hope to be able to learn a lot from the others on here and I think I will after seeing who some of the other members are.

Projects
1. '23 Dodge coupe
2. '25 Ford TT (turning it into a T pickup)
3. '27 Ford coupe
4. '35 Ford panel truck
5. '40 Buick coupe
6. '56 Ford wagon (probibly for sale soon)
7. '66 Divco

Parts cars
8. '61 Studebaker Lark
9. '63 Buick Skylark

GPster

Hi. Glad to see somone else from Ohio ( Marietta, here).Nice to see your list of projects. We have a member in Texas that just acquired  "T" C cab and I don't know if he has any idea what to do with it but paint it blue. He is a member of the "Smart Team" and is a Honorary Ohioan (grand child). You've given me a good chance to ask a question. I see you have a '35 Ford panel truck. Just got introduced to an In-Law's, In-Law, In-Law (wife's cousin's husband) that is putting a '36 Ford panel truck together. He is looking for a rear bumper. He explained to me that the pick-up and the sedan-delivery on the '36s curved in in the center to allow standing room nearer the cab (?) to comfortably reach in the back doors (or door), The bumpers were similar to what was used in '37 but the '36 bumper had a recessed indented stripe in it. Because the '35s and '36s share some body similarities in the car line I'm asking if they might be similar on this feature and if you got one laying around. It never hurts to do a favor for someon that owns a machine shop. Even if it is in Nevada. Enough idle talk for 4:35 AM WELCOME. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard the RRT board..... you have a wide variety of vehicles.

);b(

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Welcome...
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

J Man

Quote from: "GPster"Hi. Glad to see somone else from Ohio ( Marietta, here).Nice to see your list of projects. We have a member in Texas that just acquired  "T" C cab and I don't know if he has any idea what to do with it but paint it blue. He is a member of the "Smart Team" and is a Honorary Ohioan (grand child). You've given me a good chance to ask a question. I see you have a '35 Ford panel truck. Just got introduced to an In-Law's, In-Law, In-Law (wife's cousin's husband) that is putting a '36 Ford panel truck together. He is looking for a rear bumper. He explained to me that the pick-up and the sedan-delivery on the '36s curved in in the center to allow standing room nearer the cab (?) to comfortably reach in the back doors (or door), The bumpers were similar to what was used in '37 but the '36 bumper had a recessed indented stripe in it. Because the '35s and '36s share some body similarities in the car line I'm asking if they might be similar on this feature and if you got one laying around. It never hurts to do a favor for someon that owns a machine shop. Even if it is in Nevada. Enough idle talk for 4:35 AM WELCOME. GPster

Sorry, I do not know about the bumper.

Whatis the Smart Team?

Dave

Quote from: "J Man"
Quote from: "GPster"Hi. Glad to see somone else from Ohio ( Marietta, here).Nice to see your list of projects. We have a member in Texas that just acquired  "T" C cab and I don't know if he has any idea what to do with it but paint it blue. He is a member of the "Smart Team" and is a Honorary Ohioan (grand child). You've given me a good chance to ask a question. I see you have a '35 Ford panel truck. Just got introduced to an In-Law's, In-Law, In-Law (wife's cousin's husband) that is putting a '36 Ford panel truck together. He is looking for a rear bumper. He explained to me that the pick-up and the sedan-delivery on the '36s curved in in the center to allow standing room nearer the cab (?) to comfortably reach in the back doors (or door), The bumpers were similar to what was used in '37 but the '36 bumper had a recessed indented stripe in it. Because the '35s and '36s share some body similarities in the car line I'm asking if they might be similar on this feature and if you got one laying around. It never hurts to do a favor for someon that owns a machine shop. Even if it is in Nevada. Enough idle talk for 4:35 AM WELCOME. GPster

Sorry, I do not know about the bumper.

Whatis the Smart Team?

The Smart Team or as we call it (TEAM SMART) is something we dreamed up one day.  All you have to do is have a smart idea or smart answer and if we think its SMART you will become an honorary member of TEAM SMART :lol:  Since your new what you prolly should  watch the other T/S members and you will soon get the Idea..  I think at the moment we may have 4 members total.. Its a fairly new and elite club.. We do read posts and look for new members weekly.. Keep an eye out :wink:
Dave :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

Hey Jason..Welcome..You're gonna like it here...A Divco, huh :?:  :?: I remember driving/working out of one while still in grammar school...I worked for a milkman, used to run his route with him & he would drop me at school when we were done...Great memories :D  Oh, the "Team Smart" thing :?:  :?:  Watch the board & you too will learn..."Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" ......... :P  :P  :P
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. We are a little more laid back here than the HAMB, you can ask about anything. You get down this way, stop by.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome aboard. Nice selection of stuff to work on. Same problem here.

I wouldn't take too much stock in the Team Smart concept...the problem is every time one of them smart guys screws up all their smarts go away...LOL.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

bombcan

welcome to RRT,as you can see by my numbers I don't have much to say, but do enjoy reading the posts.  Cool list of vehicles.

A couple of years ago I designed a logo for and lettered the side of a Divco milk truck for a restorer over in South Carolina.  Neat old trucks, I like 'em better hotrodded though......when can we see your Divco?

KustomLincolnLady

Well well, someone left the door open again  :lol:   Nice seeing you in here Jason!!! Now that your finally close I'm sure our paths will be crossing real soon!

glad you finally got setteled, to bad it wasn't Fort Wayne though.

You'll love it here

hey I didn't know nuttin about no smart team LMAO  

Debb

Fat Cat

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"hey I didn't know nuttin about no smart team LMAO  

Debb

That just says something about you.

Fat Cat

Welcome to the RRT, Jason. I have talked to you in the past. Had you been around here a few weeks back you should have come up to Enjenjo's house during the RRT BBQ build day. On Sunday we made a trip over to Auburn Indiana to the Auburn-Cord Duesenberg museum. I am sure you would have had a blast.

Welcome! By the length of that list....Looks like you're going to be a busy guy!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

J Man

Thanks everyone for the welcoming comments.

Enjenjo, I need to get it touch with you on the Buick. I ended up getting it delivered to me and is sitting in the barn at the moment. I also want to see what ideas you have as far as the chassis on the Divco.

Debbie, from what I am hearing I am a lot better off over here at this plant. I have heard that the truck plant over there can be rough. Only thing is you never know what to believe when it comes to GM.

bombcan, if I remember right there is a waiting period for me to post pics so once I get the chance I will share with everyone. If you are on the HAMB you can see some pics of my T coupe if you check out my old posts.