Got the ole girl out this weekend for a spin

Started by KustomLincolnLady, April 23, 2007, 03:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Well, I went to the garage on sat and decided to look the mustang over. The Inside carpet was soaking wet. I think when the firemen were hosing down the house, it got inside the car. (it was covered in ice cicles when we went up the next day)

so I decided I needed to get it outside and air it out and get it dried up. well of course the battery was dead  :?  so Rob and I pushed it out, then put it on the charger. There was mold on the carpet in the back  :cry:  it was just on top and wiped right out. so after sitting most of the morning on the charger I got in and fired her up!!!  

so I'm standing there with Rob just looking at it and he says "you want to drive it don't you"  :D  well hell yes!!!  so he fills the brake fluid and I get in, man my legs hardly fit under the wheel,LOL  and Im going to need to lift weights to turn her. lol

So sunday, same routine all over, most of the carpet is dry now, except the back seat drivers side. It was alomost on empty so I drove her down to the station and put about 7 bucks of gas in, lol   don't want to get to carried away, may not get to keep it  :roll: . anyway picked up some tranny fluid, she was having a bit of a hard time getting into 2nd gear.

so rob tells me if I get to keep her He's going to get disk brakes, power steering and prob put those wheels and rubber we got for the model a a few summers ago on it. He's decided on steelies for the A.

so now Im really excited, and hope and pray I end up with her  8)

Here is a pic from 2004 we took dad down to the Opening of the James Dean Gallery

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "river1"WOW that is sweet!!!

Thanks Jim, that pic really does it justice, It needs a lot. But thru the yrs Rob and I would buy dad new sheetmetal for gifts, LOL  I think I paid for all of it over the yrs!!!  Body is solid, just needs new paint and a lot of mechanicals.

But I have so many memories from that car with Dad and my friends, cruisin the, now defunct drive in resturants , on the weekends and just buzzing town LOL

Debb

Dave

Debb I sure hope luck goes your way. You really should have that car. It was your dads and it should be yours.. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you sweety.
Dave

oldbobsign

Debb, I'm hopin' and prayin' right along with you.  That car means more to you than anyone else on the planet.  I'm really glad the damage was minimal.  Good Luck!

You been practicin'?

Larry

HotRodLadyCrusr

I can picture a few subtle stripes on the car  :wink:

Looks great sweetie!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "oldbobsign"Debb, I'm hopin' and prayin' right along with you.  That car means more to you than anyone else on the planet.  I'm really glad the damage was minimal.  Good Luck!

You been practicin'?

Larry

Thanks everyone!!! don't you dare uncross them till I say its ok, LOL  hopefully by the end of May I might know something.

Larry, I've got to order my One shot!!!! I've been organizing stuff at home, when thats all done I'll have lots more time!!!!  But I've been studing designs  :lol: and reading tips and suggestions!! Does that count  :wink:

Debb

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "oldbobsign"Debb, I'm hopin' and prayin' right along with you.  That car means more to you than anyone else on the planet.  I'm really glad the damage was minimal.  Good Luck!

You been practicin'?

Larry

Thanks everyone!!! don't you dare uncross them till I say its ok, LOL  hopefully by the end of May I might know something.

Larry, I've got to order my One shot!!!! I've been organizing stuff at home, when thats all done I'll have lots more time!!!!  But I've been studing designs  :lol: and reading tips and suggestions!! Does that count  :wink:

Debb

Im really upset i had so much fun and left for a while and I didnt get Larry to school me on striping. Dan af all the luck.. Maybe next time.....
Dave

bombcan

looks good Debb, sure hope things work out for you on it.

phat rat

And here I thought you were talking about Rob getting you out.
:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P
Seriously I'll keep mine crossed also
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I've owned 17 Mustangs in my life. I sure hope you get to keep your car. If you look at it as an investment, you should keep it as long as possible thinking that someday it will have enough value to change your life or someone very important to you. Some of my best memories involve Mustangs. :lol:  :lol:
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

nice lookin' 'Stang 8)

so..........'zactly WHY were the firemen hosing down the house :?:  :?

usually, at least down here, that's not a good thing :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"nice lookin' 'Stang 8)

so..........'zactly WHY were the firemen hosing down the house :?:  :?

usually, at least down here, that's not a good thing :(

Vance

Nope Vance it wasn't a good thing. My stepmoms house caught fire during the night my dad and my stepmom got out, but dad went back in to get the keys to the cars 48 dodge, the 64 1/2  mustang and his 2002 mustang convert. and he never came back out.

My stepmom is now giving us a hard time about that car and my dads coin collection that was to be left to my grandson. (he had no will) but we had discussed this on many occasions with her and him. so hopefully I will end up getting to keep the car.it been in my family for 41 years. she turned into a real stepb!! if you know what I mean. They had only been together for 1 yr and 4 mos.
Debb

Debb,I certainly wish you the best of luck in keeping YOUR car! After only a year and a half association with the Mustang,How could she possibly think anyone deserves it other than you??Let us know how it all works out.....let's hope she comes to her senses!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "40"Debb,I certainly wish you the best of luck in keeping YOUR car! After only a year and a half association with the Mustang,How could she possibly think anyone deserves it other than you??Let us know how it all works out.....let's hope she comes to her senses!

i'll let you know why the step thinks it should be hers

$$$$$

she most likely watched barret jackson with debb's father and thinks its worth 6 figures.

good luck debb

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.