Trunk rubber for my 48 Chevy

Started by 48builder, April 23, 2007, 12:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I need to get some trunk weatherstip for my 49 Chevy 2-dr sedan so I can finish aligning everything. Here's the rub. I sectioned the trunk lid, and mad a channel all the way around so that the bottom is just like the top and sides. I'm not sure, but I imagine that the original replacement rubber is different across the bottom edge. Can anybody verify that for me?

If it is the same all the way around, I can just cut it since my lid is now smaller. If it is different at the bottom, I will try to find an aftermarket replacement that will work. Any suggestions there?

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

The original is different at the bottom, with molded corners. I think Steel Rubber has a profile that would work for you, he sells it by the foot.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"The original is different at the bottom, with molded corners. I think Steel Rubber has a profile that would work for you, he sells it by the foot.

Thanks, Frank. I will check that out.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver