32 Ford radiator

Started by kb426, April 16, 2007, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Whose radiator do you guys use and recommend? This is for small Ford and manual trans. Full height.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Whose radiator do you guys use and recommend? This is for small Ford and manual trans. Full height.

Well walker is great but an arm and a leg.. I have a griffin aliminum and im on the second one in 4 years. The other one sprung a leak.
Denise knows of a place near her  that does aluminum cheap so ask her..
The new street rodder or street scene has an article on most of the radiator makers.. I was just looking at it last night in my hung over state :lol:  I dunno what the one i have is for the roadster but i see em on egay. They are cheap but they dont have mounts for the shell so ya gotta make your own. If you look on egay they have a logo on thier pic so it supposedly cant be copied.. I hope im helpin..
Dave :arrow:

kb426

I've seen the alum. one on ebay. Thanks for the tip.
TEAM SMART

rumrumm

Everyone has raved about the quality and workmanship on these aluminum radiators. I have an AFCO in my coupe, and it is fine, but these do not use epoxy and are repairable. If I had known about them at the time, I would have order one of these instead. See below:

www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/157/
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

donsrods

So far we have bought 2 aluminum ones from PRC, and they are really nice looking and great people to deal with.  Their welds look like works of art.

Here is their website, and a picture of the one in my T.

www.prchotrod.com/

Don

donsrods

My kid is also running one in his '29.

Don

Deuce

Walker ...  :D

A good bit of cash ... but they work great and look right in a 32 ... to me ... I hate the aluminum look behind the grille insert ... but that's just me ... my 32's look old timey ...

I just bought one recently for my 32 3W project ... with the A/C ... and it was expensive ... but a Walker cools my 430 HP SBC in the roadster easily ... so I got one for the coupe too ...

RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

ok so you dont like the aluminum look behind the grille.. Do this.. I should have but forgot. Go to the hardware store and buy some fiberglass screen and put on the front of the radiator. I did this years ago on a 29 model a just to make the bugs easier to remove. We did it a couple summers ago on my buddies 30 model a too. I shoulda done it on my coupe and may pull it apart one of these days and do it.

donsrods

Walker does make a nice radiator too.  My other Son just got a Walker for his T bucket project, and the workmanship is top notch.

I guess it all boils down to if you prefer aluminum or copper.  Oh, I forgot about the Brassworks, they make a nice one too, I have one on my '27 with a Deuce shell.

I like that fiberglass screen idea, especially with the love bugs we get here in Florida.

Don

Charlie Chops 1940

I have an original '32 recored with an A/C thing on the front that was used with a 289/auto. The guy I got it from said it cooled better than the Walker he put in. I can send you some pics. PM me your email address if you are interested. Definitely a lot cheaper than a new one.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Deuce

Quote from: "jusjunk"ok so you dont like the aluminum look behind the grille.. Do this.. I should have but forgot. Go to the hardware store and buy some fiberglass screen and put on the front of the radiator. I did this years ago on a 29 model a just to make the bugs easier to remove. We did it a couple summers ago on my buddies 30 model a too. I shoulda done it on my coupe and may pull it apart one of these days and do it.

Pass ...

I will just go ahead and buy the Walker ...  :)

enjenjo

You can paint aluminum radiators black.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Deuce

Quote from: "enjenjo"You can paint aluminum radiators black.

Yes, I know ...
I had a friend do that ... after about 2 years ... the black was coming off where the bugs had hit it ... and did not look right ...

river1

Quote from: "Deuce"
Quote from: "enjenjo"You can paint aluminum radiators black.

Yes, I know ...
I had a friend do that ... after about 2 years ... the black was coming off where the bugs had hit it ... and did not look right ...

can an aluminum rad be anodized black to prevent that problem?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Topsterguy

I put a walker rad in my roadster and have had to fix leaks in the tank corners twice in 9 years, and two guys I know with the same rads have had the same problems. I used another walker in my coupe tho and so far ( 2 years on the road) it's been okay. There's a good rad shop not far  from here and I think if I was doing another car I'd get them to build one - a lot less pricey and they're known for doing good work.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"