Grille questions

Started by enjenjo, May 04, 2004, 12:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

On this grille we are building for the trailer, I picked up some burners on Ebay, and have to rig up some control valves. How critical is matching the valve flow to the burner? The valves I have are on a burner about the same size, but I don't want to use them if I am building a bomb.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Leon

I built a grille a while back and drilled my own jet for it and kept opening it up till I could adjust the air shutter for a good flame.  For a valve I used a standard gas valve from Home Depot and it worked fine.  The critical part I guess is the regulator, and those are available as replacement pieces.

SKR8PN

I would think,as long as you have the valves from a burner approx. the same size,and a regulator,you should be OK. Guess we will find out when you light it for the first time :-o  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Charlie Chops 1940

And....at what approximate time will the orfice engineers light off this experiment? I want to time my arrival  so as to be a rescuer...not a rescuee. I know nothing about real flames!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Ohio Blue Tip

More is good, BIG is beautiful!  Drill the jets, throw the regulator away and run her direct.  Call me after the test with the hospital address. :lol:  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

SKR8PN

ROTFLMAO.............OBT.....YOU my friend,are BRUTAL :lol:  :lol:

GPster

As long as there is an air adjustment and orifices in the ends there should be no problem. That will give us what we need to adjust the flame to suit the burners. The orifices can be filled with solder and re-drilled to a smaller size if they are to big and can be made bigger if necessary. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"As long as there is an air adjustment and orifices in the ends there should be no problem. That will give us what we need to adjust the flame to suit the burners. The orifices can be filled with solder and re-drilled to a smaller size if they are to big and can be made bigger if necessary. GPster

Gpster.. Im wondering where you learned all this about making things burn ?
Dave

47wood

Standard valves and regulator from Home Depot should work fine.  A few years ago (now I've slept since then) I converted a 2 burner propane grill to natural gas.  As I recall I had to drill out the orifices to maybe one or two drill sizes larger because natural gas requires larger holes.  But as has already been said ...it's not rocket science.  Try what you've got and if the flame doesn't go high enough drill them out.

The ole' Army approach is best ...have the most expendable member present light it the first time!!! :lol:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "47wood"The ole' Army approach is best ...have the most expendable member present light it the first time!!! :lol:

And working for the top down it appears as though you just volunteered for that duty :twisted:  :twisted:

47wood

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "47wood"The ole' Army approach is best ...have the most expendable member present light it the first time!!! :lol:

And working for the top down it appears as though you just volunteered for that duty :twisted:  :twisted:

Welllllll okay ...but I'll need someone with say the experience of Frank to stand behind (what you might call a buffer)! :lol:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

SKR8PN

Quote from: "47wood"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"

Welllllll okay ...but I'll need someone with say the experience of Frank to stand behind (what you might call a buffer)! :lol:

Buffer :shock: ..........thats more like a BLAST SHIELD :-o
(I have a feeling I am going to pay dearly for that one.... :D )

enjenjo

QuoteBuffer  ..........thats more like a BLAST SHIELD  
(I have a feeling I am going to pay dearly for that one....  )

Over and over again :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.