A streetrodder quiz

Started by Carnut, April 16, 2007, 07:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

1. What year was the Great NSRA Louisville Gully Washer?

2. What year and month did Rod & Custom Mag go from pocket size to full size Mag?

3. What was the initial price of the NSRA Lifetime Membership?

4. What was the intial issue year and month of Streetrodder Mag?

5. Who's this

6. Who's car was this

7. What is happening in this pic

8. Who's the builder

9. Who's the builder

10. What is the NSRA motto?

UGLY OLDS

I suddenly feel "older"..........Oh...About # 8..Who know's about "The other one" ????
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

t-vicky

#3 I think $100.00
#5 * Schrifield (spelling?)
#6 His name was Vern something? I think this was hydraplaneing.
#7 Beer can launch. (from the c-cab)
#10 I had to run for a block to get this pic....

GPster

Number 8 is Cotton Werksman (Sp?). I don't know why he seemed to drop out-of-sight but he was building a mid-engined, hemi powered "T" with the build featured in Rod and Custom. GPster PS #9 Crosley was from somewhere in Pennsylvania and I think it was pretty hot in the Street-Cana

oldbobsign

Quote from: "GPster"Number 8 is Cotton Werksman (Sp?). I don't know why he seemed to drop out-of-sight

I spotted him last year at a small swap meet at Marty's in Sycamore, IL (where the first two Hunnert Car Pile-Up's were held) and also saw one of his cars featured in a mag within the last year or so.

rumrumm

1. 1992 (I think--I was there, but I am not sure of the year)

6. I believe it was Vern Walker

10. Get your warm buns here!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

58 Yeoman

geez, I thought it was "quiz at 11", and I'm not prepared, as it's only 4:37. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

I gotta be honest here.. I bought the books or magazines for ideas and cars i liked.. None of those pics fit the bill cept for the girl with the nice azzzzzzz..
im out and i dont have anyone i could call for a lifeline.... :lol:
Dave

41woodie

#6 is what's left of a chevy vick owned by, I believe, Richard last name Tiebout or something very close.  He was enroute to the Nationals in Tulsa, Ok.  On the Muskogee Turnpike about 20 miles east of Tulsa the car hit a dip in the road and rolled badly.  He duct taped the windows and drove it on into the fairgrounds.
#7 Is at the same Tulsa National as above and shows a bunch of clowns launching pop cans from the vertical exhaust stacks on a huge C-cab that I think was named "Big Holley" seen in the background.  The truck had a blown something or other in it.  They would shut it down, drop pop-cans down the stacks, then fire it up blasting the cans skyward.  I watched for a few launches expecting a can to land on a car followed by someone getting their butt kicked.

rumrumm

I was wrong. Vern Walker had a tall T coupe that hydroplaned and tangled with a bridge railing.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Charlie Chops 1940

#9 is a Crosley with an Ardun flathead conversion. I believe the engine is in his modified now. He was from MI and now lives in CA. His modified is the one with everybodies signature on the dash.

I remember all of that but I can't recall his name....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

41 Woodie is correct on the Chevy Vicky. Richard Theibout.

I think the first big R&C was in 1961 but I'm not gonna go sort through my pile of them.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"#9 is a Crosley with an Ardun flathead conversion. I believe the engine is in his modified now. He was from MI and now lives in CA. His modified is the one with everybodies signature on the dash.

I remember all of that but I can't recall his name....

Charlie

Dave Lucari.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

BINGO Frank.

They say the memory is the first thing to go, and you're younger than m, so it must be so...LOL.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Roadstar

Dave Lucari still has the Ardun engine in a modified roadster that has about a Zillion miles on it, and it was at the AutoRama Extreme  this year.