Search for shop to build 32 Hi-boy

Started by dortoh, April 05, 2007, 01:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dortoh

I am searching for shop to build 32 Hi-boy Roadster. I have done some looking and have found two near my home in central Kansas. FastLane Speed & Rod Shop in Mission, Kansas and RJay's Speed Shop in Cuba, Missouri. Both use name brand parts, P&Js, Kilbourne, Super Bell etc...I work overseas, but I plan a visit to both shops later this year. I would appreciate feedback on these or suggestion of another shop. Looking for well built,  reliable driver, not super show stopper.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dortoh"I am searching for shop to build 32 Hi-boy Roadster. I have done some looking and have found two near my home in central Kansas. FastLane Speed & Rod Shop in Mission, Kansas and RJay's Speed Shop in Cuba, Missouri. Both use name brand parts, P&Js, Kilbourne, Super Bell etc...I work overseas, but I plan a visit to both shops later this year. I would appreciate feedback on these or suggestion of another shop. Looking for well built,  reliable driver, not super show stopper.

John (WZJUNK on here) has a nice one already built and up for sale and he is in the area (Neosho).  You might want to check it out,

Sum

Carnut

Definitely looks like a WZJUNK customer.

Dave

And if his doesnt suit you ive got one that can be built to your specs.. Im just about ready to get the frame blasted and ready for paint.
Dave :arrow:

alchevy

Check this one out: http://www.russnomorestreetrods.com/hiboyroadster.htm

They can ship from 4 different locations: Southern Pennsylvania, Central Texas, Southern Texas, and North Louisiana.

A friend of mine just bought a coupe from them last year and there are some neat features in their cars.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

dragrcr50

well  I'm in the business as well , check out my website  www.woodardracingandhotrods.com ........i have a 32 chassis for model a for sale on here also turnkey chassis
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

nzsimon

Get it built in New Zealand and shipped to the States for half the money and probably better engineering due to the state of dissrepair of our roads and the stringent laws regarding hot rod engineering

Most things here are dramatically overengineered to get round the crash test laws for new cars
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

slocrow

And I figured New Zealand was where I would be trying to move too as civilization started to come apart, here in the states. It's nice to know they have tough laws. Probably got one on admitting foreigners. Drat's.............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bib_Overalls

Contact Doug White at Show Me Rod and Custom http://www.showmerodandcustom.com/ . They are located between Branson and Springfield Missouri. I have one of their roadster bodies and I am very pleased. Doug can source a chassis from any one of several quality fabrication shops and turn you on to a quality builder as well. Tell him Steve Hansen in Jonesboro made the referal. Nothing in it for me. But I want Doug to know that after four years of ownership I am still a very satisfied customer.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks