This is what I get for thinking..

Started by Dave, April 01, 2007, 07:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well now that i dont know who's serious and who isnt I guess I may have to go to the HAMB and ask over there. Them guys know everything  :wink:

Dave....Your wheels.....YUCK :!:  :!:  :!:  The spokes look better....( Boy, you better not be angry on me...... :evil:  :lol:  :lol:  )  Actually I,m kinda happy you posted the  photos...I was thinking about using them on my A..Now that I've had a chance to really look at 'em.....Ain't thinkin' no more...I'm going with my 1970 T/T spoke's.......  :)  :)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

moose

Dave,

Since you have so "kindly" requested a straight answer to your question. I think it looks better with the other wheel combination. The frone tirew looks too flat and wide compared to the old ones. The wheels look okay. Arethe sizes much different than the old combo?

Tim
p.s.
Please return the the regular schedules pick on Dave show.....

Dave

Quote from: "moose"Dave,

Since you have so "kindly" requested a straight answer to your question. I think it looks better with the other wheel combination. The frone tirew looks too flat and wide compared to the old ones. The wheels look okay. Arethe sizes much different than the old combo?

Tim
p.s.
Please return the the regular schedules pick on Dave show.....

No tim the new wheels are 15 in the front but the actual tire size is the same diamater as the 14's..  Im gonna go back to the 5 spokes and ill finish the roadster around the salt flats.. Its been fun though  :wink:
Ya back to the pick on dave show.......
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

Im gonna go back to the 5 spokes and ill finish the roadster around the salt flats.. Its been fun though  :wink:
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:[/quote]

Excellent choice.. :) Wise decision.... :) GREAT idea :!:  :!:  :idea:   BRILLIANT :!:  :!:  :!:  :shock:  ( Whew...trust me guy's .....This ain't easy.. :roll: ..)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Im gonna go back to the 5 spokes and ill finish the roadster around the salt flats.. Its been fun though  :wink:
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

Excellent choice.. :) Wise decision.... :) GREAT idea :!:  :!:  :idea:   BRILLIANT :!:  :!:  :!:  :shock:  ( Whew...trust me guy's .....This ain't easy.. :roll: ..)[/quote]

wHEN WE DO MEET .. BRING A WEAPON...
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
dAvE :arrow:

CQQL33

I think, if the inner portion of the wheels were painted BLACK they would realy stand out on that car.    I have not seen anodized or rough casting that looked good on many cars.   My opinion, paint the centers black.

Dave

Quote from: "CQQL33"I think, if the inner portion of the wheels were painted BLACK they would realy stand out on that car.    I have not seen anodized or rough casting that looked good on many cars.   My opinion, paint the centers black.

950 bucks worth of wheels and you want me to paint em black :?: Ok
not tonite though ive been drinking and i dont like runs.
Dave

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

moose

Dave that is why it looks off. The wheel to tire ratio is not correct for the look you want. The front tires are too squatty. If the roadster is going to be a dark color it will blend better.....

Tim

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "moose"Dave that is why it looks off. The wheel to tire ratio is not correct for the look you want. The front tires are too squatty. If the roadster is going to be a dark color it will blend better.....

Tim

That ain't the only ratio outta whack :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

better get ready Gump, 10 days and counting :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Carnut

Maybe, they just need whitewalls?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "jusjunk"
ive been drinking and i dont like runs.
Dave

when I drank  alcohol it often gave me the runs... but then I was an alcoholic

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

man I like it after the gray paint and the whitewalls that does look better than that other color......... right on ................

make that an 18 inch 24k chain sir.............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

That is a very nice car but i dont think the whitewalls will work with mine either..
Dave :wink:

Dirk35

I agree. I believe a little taller tire in the front would really make you happier with that combo.