What's Up With That - Lurkers

Started by Grandadeo, March 22, 2007, 09:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Just opened RRT and before I logged on it showed there we three members logged in and around 65 people "Visiting".  Come on Lurkers, jump in and join the party.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

Most of the lurkers are Bots. Some of them are scanning the site for Yahoo, Google, ect. ect. The rest of them are scanning the site for Spam generators, so they can post more spam. We have to block 100s of addresses every day, and a few spamers still make it through. That's the reason for the latest security measures, and the new member policy.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

As Enjenjo says it is search sites crawling the forums. At this very moment the forum is being crawled by Time Warner Telecom. They are following many links at once. There are only about 10 legitimate human connections out of those 65.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Fat Cat"............. There are only about 10 legitimate human connections out of those 65.

I'm glad you can still tell the humans from the non-humans 8) ,

Sum-human

Frank.....Sounds like you need to develop a " BOT"  Zapper!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dave

Quote from: "jaybee"Hmmm, how a-bot that!

Awwwwwwwww Geeeeeeeeze
Dave :?

rumrumm

Quote from: "Fat Cat"As Enjenjo says it is search sites crawling the forums. At this very moment the forum is being crawled by Time Warner Telecom. They are following many links at once. There are only about 10 legitimate human connections out of those 65.

I hope I'm a legitimate human. It would be most distressing to find out that I was illegitimate after all these years. LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "rumrumm"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"As Enjenjo says it is search sites crawling the forums. At this very moment the forum is being crawled by Time Warner Telecom. They are following many links at once. There are only about 10 legitimate human connections out of those 65.

I hope I'm a legitimate human. It would be most distressing to find out that I was illegitimate after all these years. LOL!

At this point, it doesn't make much difference. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

mopar2dr

It seems that some of these bots can mean trouble. I belong to an all mopar board that has had to change it's name. It seems the German owners of Mother Mopar are clamping down on the use of copyrighted names and or images. Now I feel justified for the three Chevys sitting in the driveway. Yeah, I still have the Dodge(can I use that word???? :( ) but will be trying to sell it this year. I hope to have my 48 F-1 rolling for the Nats North.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

hotrodbob

Quote from: "mopar2dr"It seems that some of these bots can mean trouble. I belong to an all mopar board that has had to change it's name. It seems the German owners of Mother Mopar are clamping down on the use of copyrighted names and or images. Now I feel justified for the three Chevys sitting in the driveway. Yeah, I still have the Dodge(can I use that word???? :( ) but will be trying to sell it this year. I hope to have my 48 F-1 rolling for the Nats North.

I'm on that site too. Dumbest thing I've seen. DCX is so stupid that they think a website promoting their product is a negitive issue. From moparstyle to morepowerstyle.

Same crap coming from Ford to. It's been all over the Ford mags. A big Mustang parts dealer for over 20 years has to change his company name to remove the word Mustang.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

compact

i lurk a bit ...but everynow and then i say gidday

soooo ...gidday   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

panhead_pete

grazza

A lot of salient points in this thread.  rumrumm, nothin' to worry about, didn't make one iota of a difference to find out I was illegitimate  :wink:  and everyone is right, this political correctness is got way out of hand.  Hell I thought a Mustang was a wild horse first off??  Wonder how we convey to each other what sort of car we drive now?  "well I drive a Blue oval badged car".  Nope can't say that, 'cause "Blue Oval" is registered so thats out.  As for trolling inhumans, I dont think they should be allowed and should be outlawed, I mean if I dont invite you into my house and you come in I can quite rightfully throw you out on your ear and I can't remember inviting Time Life to enter my computer at anytime.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

impalabuilder

Domo arigato

just kidding

now that I finally found my 409 I will have something to contribute  :D