Chat

Started by enjenjo, March 14, 2007, 06:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Tonight 9 pm. Ask here if you need instructions on how to do it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I notice that participation has been falling off. Do we want another night, different time?

Rayvyn

I think folks forget, or get occupied with something and think about it too late. Gotta have a reminder a day or so ahead of time. Ask Enormo Pusso what the peak times are for when the most people are logged on, and put the reminder up around that time. Or, have it as a flashy sticky near the top so folks will see it and get reminded. Just a thought... :idea:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Or, have it as a flashy sticky near the top so folks will see it and get reminded. Just a thought... :idea:

That would work if people read the sticky messages. I have made announcements about various new forums and features on the site every time I make a major change and still people that come here daily will post some times a year later and say they never knew thatfeature existed. So Stickys don't work, especially if you use the phrase "Read this is might pertain to you".

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
That would work if people read the sticky messages. I have made announcements about various new forums and features on the site every time I make a major change and still people that come here daily will post some times a year later and say they never knew thatfeature existed. So Stickys don't work, especially if you use the phrase "Read this is might pertain to you".

Instead of "Sticky" .... mayb use  the words :

" Star Newspaper reports"

"Dave does it again"

"Space ship probes folks butts"

just an idear
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"Or, have it as a flashy sticky near the top so folks will see it and get reminded. Just a thought... :idea:

Then how about a random site generated email to all members as a reminder. This could work for all topics.

Or some colored flashing lights with stripper icons. And not those little sticky flashers either, but a big pair of neon "Nudie Bar" type lights. Or a dancing sheep icon for Vance... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Dave does it again   :?:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I like it... I didnt make it cause i went to bed at 4pm didnt get up till this morning.. Tink i got the flu... I would like to see it earlier but thsts just me
Dave :cry:  :?  :cry:

GPster

I've been telling them at therapy that the exercises that they've got me doing have not been a strain.   WRONG ANSWER    They want to put me under a strain. They've got me running on the treadmill, uphill for 3, 5 minute periods;  2, 5 minite stints on the stairs; and 3, 5 minute deals on the exercuse bike. That and they want to make sure I do something on my days off. It was sunny Tuesday and I walked one of the dogs for two hours, four miles. Anything I replied to last night, I gave a reply that showed how dumb I could be so it was a loosing battle. On the CHAT attendance One of the problems with CHAT is you can't just sit there and listen (read). With the time limit on not making responses people that are just wandering in to see what's happening are going to get dropped in the time it takes to figure it out. There's no easy way to look at the past subjects because it only goes back so far and blips each time a reply is made.  I'd have to say that CHAT might be more for those that are computor savey. I'd bet a lot of people get there to see what's going on and find out they didn't belong. I don't make any more sense now than I did last night. GPster

Dave

Actually joe you make a lot of sense.. There are better chat programs but if they will work here is the big question. ? Im not fond of the program that we are usung simple because it takes too long to update and you do loose info. I can see where some would find it hard to keep up. Maybe the big guy could find something more user friendly.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

alchevy

During the chat time last night, I missed it because I was on the phone and on my laptop computer from work trying to solve a problem on a user's computer at work. Took 1 1/2 hours and still could not figure out the problem. But it was neat being able to do this from home and the overtime $$'s ain't bad either!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

sirstude

My problem is the Dairy Queen opened again.  We have a Wednesday night cruise (no cars in the winter) and after we eat, we all go to the Queen.  

Sorry guys, and gals, but the Ice cream cone wins out.

:wink:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "sirstude"My problem is the Dairy Queen opened again.  
Sorry guys, and gals, but the Ice cream cone wins out.

:wink:

Doug

LOL, we can change day or time up to you guys. Just keep in mind the nice summer days ahead and with the time change it stays lighter longer and some of us will be at the "QUEEN" LOL or outside or in the garage.

Debb

enjenjo

All of this is good, constructive criticism, and we'll work on it. I am also aware that a real time chat is not for everyone.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"All of this is good, constructive criticism, and we'll work on it. I am also aware that a real time chat is not for everyone.

I dont think its a case of real time chat Frank more than its a case of the software for the chat is kinda BUGGY.. or at least different
Dave :wink:

sirstude

The other issue is operator error and extreme slowness on the same operator.  While I am trying to type one line, Denise has nailed 3 of us and drawn 4 pictures, all the while answering questions on the H.A.M.B. Makes and old guy like me feel bad  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us