Best street slicks?

Started by speedracer, March 04, 2007, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedracer

Hey guys who's got the best street slicks?   Of course I'm looking for traction first.  I've got 295/50/15 BFG radials now on 10 inch centerline rims.  These tires even though there pretty wide is no good for the drag strip except for burn outs!
Oh and let me thank all you guys for your input on my El Camino timing and NOS and everything!  Got everything dialed in and will try and get it to the dyno very soon then to the strip for some much needed FUN!
Thanks, johnny :)

enjenjo

You looking for cheater slicks, or DOT drag racing tires?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

I am running Hoozier Quick Time Pro's.
I'd say they work very well and are DOT as well.
These were taken with the car in street trim :shock: 8)

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

speedracer

Quote from: "enjenjo"You looking for cheater slicks, or DOT drag racing tires?
I guess dot slicks.  My car is a daily driver so what ever has the best traction and still be legal.  I know I won't be bookin down the road and expect to stop like radials do but if theres something out there in the best of both worlds, kinda like having my cake and eating it too.
Make sense?  johnny

WZ JUNK

I use M/T Sportsman with the soft compound because to run in the streetrod shootout I need a DOT tire.   The bite as good as the slicks that I used in the past.  I do not do a waterbox burnout but instead I go around the water as much as possible and then chirp the tire 3 times before I stage.  The picture in my avatar was with the slicks.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: SKR8PNI am running Hoozier Quick Time Pro's.
I'd say they work very well and are DOT as well.
These were taken with the car in street trim :shock: 8)

Gee, at that rate ,the front tires last 8, maybe 10 times longer than the rears :?:  :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

SKR8PN

Ya.....I get some pretty good hang time :lol:  :lol:
But I make up for the lack of  tire wear when I try to STOP it at the other end :shock:  :shock:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Flipper

Even though they are "street" tires, they wear REALLY fast when you drive them on the street.

It would be worth it to buy an extra pair of rear wheels and have a pair real street tires and seperate set of race tires (DOT or not).

speedracer

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Ya.....I get some pretty good hang time :lol:  :lol:
But I make up for the lack of  tire wear when I try to STOP it at the other end :shock:  :shock:
So do they have any groves in the tires at all and cost?    johnny