Pet Names

Started by enjenjo, March 01, 2007, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Do you have names for your cars? I don't mean painted on the fender necessarily, but names that you  use to refer to them.

In my case, it's usually a truck, my 1 ton Ford van is white, so it has the name Moby *, I had a 73 Ford that was cobbled together with body panels from everywhere, all different colors, and it was called the Worlds Ugliest Ford.

You got any more?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

1980 GMC 1/2 ton that belonged to my Dad.

"the old gray mare"

1983 Chevy S-10 4X4 with a small block

"Butch"

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

48ford

The grand kids call my 1946 car " the gangster"
Our 94 f-250 was called Big Red,the new one is the "white whale"
Irenes monte SS is just called the SS
Russ

35WINDOW

We had a '46 Chevy Pickup when I was a kid to haul Trash to the dump-we called her (?) Needa-she needa this, she needa that, she needa whole lot of stuff-

Carnut

Humm, lessee,

31 Ford Model A Coupe Hiboy - "The Coupe"

40 Ford Standard Tudor Sedan - "The 40"

61 Chrysler Windsor 2dr Hardtop - "Awesom" - someone else nicknamed it for me. I usually call it 'The Chrysler".

67 Dodge Charger 2dr Hardtop - "The Charger"

77 Chevy Silverado SWB Pickup - "The Pickup"

83 Chevy Silverado Blazer 4x4 - "The Blazer"

89 Chevy Silverado Suburban - "The Suburban"

02 Chrysler PT Cruiser - "The Cruiser"

No one ever blamed me for being creative.

Dave

I got a coupe a roadster a car a truck a bike and a dog that has a name..
you did say pet  :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

I'm not very imaginative either.....Most of my cars are referred to by the year and/or make.The exception is my 67 Coupe D'Ville......we call it "the bus" for obvious reasons!Speaking of "the bus"....I'm considering selling it to a fellow in Chicago and delivering it on the way to Detroit next week....He made a very good offer....hard to turn down!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jbird

P.O.S. =  When I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck.

Come on baby= First thing in the morning when she don't want to start.

Jeeze Looeeze = While I'm watching the numbers on the gas pump go by so fast I can't even read them.

Atta Girl = When we make it to our intended destination in one piece.      

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Deuce

My wife's 04 Cadillac is called " Elizabeth " becuase it is 'White Diamonds' the color and Elizabeth Taylor is famous for white Diamonds ...

My Cadillac is called " Casper " ... it is pure white ...

Our 04 Silverado is " Red "

My Deuce Roadster is called " Deuce "

The 32 3 window is called " Little Sis " ... because it is a little sister to the 32 roadster.

My 04 Deuce FXSTDI Harley is just " the Harley " It is white diamonds also ... but Elizabeth was already being used ...  :)
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

GPster

There are various names that come to mind, but then they start and all is forgotten. There was that '84 Ford ranger that had been computorized but had been Frankenstiened with a head and carb off a '73 Pinto. I referred to it as my "Mobile Compost Pile" because that's what it did. Then a landscaper told me my lawn needed mulch so the truck went down the road. Then I started driving again and bought a better truck to haul mulch. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

POS  # 1 thru 7

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

i'm hoping "sold" will be one of 'em after tonight;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

rumrumm

Only two come to mind. My high school car, a '59 Impala 2 dr HT was known as "the 9er." And our '76 Vega wagon was known to me as the POS! LOL! My street rods have always been called what they are--"the roadster" or "the coupe."
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

phat46

My '46 Chevy was called Elmer for a while, even got a small cutout wooden name for the dash. I had an '84 Dodge van that we called "Old Reliable" because we had to go and rescue my wifes POS '85 Pontiac a lot with it and it never broke down.
We have a real pet, a Norwegian Forest cat, that is named Weasil Pete  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

slocrow

Quote from: "enjenjo"Do you have names for your cars?
NO!......................but other people do.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...