ChevyGirlRox finally posts an intro!

Started by ChevyGirlRox, February 19, 2007, 12:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChevyGirlRox

I've been a member of this site for awhile but hadn't gotten around to posting an intro.  So here goes....

I'm a car loving gal from Northern Ohio who grew up building hot rods and customs with my dad.  I like a little bit of everything as long as it is pre-'69.  I've been a drag racer for the past 10 years but am on a little hiatus for now.  Right now I'm building a '48 GMC with a 401ci Nailhead out of a '63 Riviera.  It should be on the road sometime in late March or early April.  I have a pretty deep love for land speed racing and early salt flats/land speed history.  I'm a pretty traditional mid-western girl and I like my hot rods the same!  

I've noticed a few familiar "faces" on here from the HAMB and also have met a few of you at shows.  

HotRodLadyCrusr encouraged me to post my intro and get contributing! And hey, if you let Breeder in anyone must be welcome!

And while I have your attention...
I'm hosting a metal working/fabrication workshop that the legendary Gene Winfield will be teaching here in Canton, Ohio on March 3rd and 4th, 2007 (the weekend before the detroit autorama).  The cost is $150 a day, $300 for the weekend, lunch included.  I also have special hotel rates with a host hotel here in Canton.
Class size is limited for this unique opportunity, act now!

Feel free to email me for more information or a registration form-- buddacar(at)aol.com.

Thanks, glad to be here!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Dave

rumrumm

Welcome to the RRT. Post some pictures of your p/u. We'd love to see your project.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

HotRodLadyCrusr

About time sweetie!  Glad to have you here.

Me and Megan in Columbus

Wish I could attend the workshop with Gene but I've got to finish, or try to at least, my Tki Lounge for the Autorama party.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

xoxoxo
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome to the board...what could possibly be wrong with a girl with Chevy in her name who loves  the salt flats! I look forward to meeting you one of these days soon.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

Welcome !!!  ( And pay no attention to those men behind the curtain...They're harmless...sorta...well,most of them anyway...)  :wink:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

oldbobsign

Welcome, Megan.  This place just keeps getting better and better.  Look forward to seeing you again at Autorama.

Larry

Rayvyn

Heya Megan. Welcome... :!:  :D
Just watch mentioning LSR around some of the old guys on here. It gets them all giddy and excited... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Fuzzy

Welcome to the RRT,glad to have ya' here! I recognize your name from the HAMB also.Over there,I'm Moparhead.Maybe we'll meet in Detroit.
                       8) Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

Welcome! If you're a friend of Denises'.....well.....Nevermind  :P See Ya in Detroit!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Roadstar

GPster

Nice to see someone else from Ohio. That deal you put together for Canton seems really worth the price. Try to get Dean Jefferies (Sp)next time. I suppose you'll be coming though here (Marietta) on the way to the Drive In Movie but maybe we'll meet at the BBG re-build in April. GPster

EMSjunkie

Welcome Meagan :D

just kinda keep an eye out for them fellers from Michigan and Florida. :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Welcome Meagan :D

just kinda keep an eye out for them fellers from Michigan and Florida. :shock:

Vance

Hey Vance....THAT'S what I was trying to warn her about !!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****