Buying in Quantity at Wally-World

Started by Bob Paulin, February 14, 2007, 04:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Paulin

So, there I was - in Wal*Mart - looking for some fat-fendered car body mounts - items that Wal*Mart and sporting goods stores often sell as hockey pucks.

Might as well buy a bunch since I also needed some heavy-duty machinery stand feet - items which Wal*Mart and others also sell as hockey pucks.....

....and, I see what looks like the perfect "buy" for me - a "Pail Of Pucks" - 12 genuine fat-fendered car body mounts and/or machinery stand feet being sold as hockey pucks for $7.00 - a little more than 58 cents each.

But WAIT!

Right next to this "Pail Of Pucks" bulk special are the individual units, which can be bought for 50 cents - American cash money - each.....meaning I can buy 12 pucks for $6.00 and provide my own pail or other container.

So, I now have a corrugated slide-drawer (remember I was collecting these from Home Depot?) full of body mounts which I have marked " 'ockey puck" in deference to my cousin and his friends when they come visit from Canada....eh?

Gotta' keep a watch on ol' Sam Walton's heirs and their bulk quantity "specials", ya' know?

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

Dave

Quote from: "Bob Paulin"So, there I was - in Wal*Mart - looking for some fat-fendered car body mounts - items that Wal*Mart and sporting goods stores often sell as hockey pucks.

Might as well buy a bunch since I also needed some heavy-duty machinery stand feet - items which Wal*Mart and others also sell as hockey pucks.....

....and, I see what looks like the perfect "buy" for me - a "Pail Of Pucks" - 12 genuine fat-fendered car body mounts and/or machinery stand feet being sold as hockey pucks for $7.00 - a little more than 58 cents each.

But WAIT!

Right next to this "Pail Of Pucks" bulk special are the individual units, which can be bought for 50 cents - American cash money - each.....meaning I can buy 12 pucks for $6.00 and provide my own pail or other container.

So, I now have a corrugated slide-drawer (remember I was collecting these from Home Depot?) full of body mounts which I have marked " 'ockey puck" in deference to my cousin and his friends when they come visit from Canada....eh?

Gotta' keep a watch on ol' Sam Walton's heirs and their bulk quantity "specials", ya' know?

B.P.

Now thats funny.. Hey dont tell red green cause he may go into the body/ machinery feet resale business and then hockey pucks would prolly double in price.
Dave :idea:  :arrow:

ps: you could win the march tech  week with that one.. I still haven found out if its an all expense paid trip to hooters in toledo but you can always hope :wink:

junkyardjeff

I was in wally world getting light bulbs for the garage and buying them in the two pack was cheaper then in the case.  Jeff

Crosley.In.AZ

Buy the fluorescent  bulbs with a 5,000k temp rating (or higher) and near a  90 CRI rating.  Much better light for eyes to see.

I buy 8 foot tubes with 6500 k rating , 84 CRI
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Way back when I had a temporary pass to Sam's Club, we found some things higher priced there, than at walmart.  What a joke...pay to belong to a club that charges higher prices than their own stores.  Pass the pucks.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

58 Yeoman

Found out that hockey doesn't fly well in IL.  Went to two wallymarts, one that was closing the old store to go to the new one right behind it, didn't have any.  The other in Peoria, superduperwallymart, said they quit selling them about 4 years ago because they were a non-mover.  Found some on ebay, both 4oz. or 7oz., which is better, 7oz. ?  MCSports lists them online for (gasp) $1.99 each.

Being a non-sports person, I thought I could be a real * and buy some of the collector pux off ebay and use them, just like movie producers do with the old cars they destroy.  But, to me, sports just isn't worth it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil