Brainstorming Tech idea brought to life...

Started by Rayvyn, January 21, 2007, 11:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

Naw, it ain't a kryptonite suspension system, or 100 mpg carb, or a 4 cyl. motor that cranks out 500 HP. Just a simple little idea that I had, that I've never seen done before.

I was looking at doing something different for the rear deck of my Poncho. I mounted new speakers under the rear panel in the trunk, but didn't want to go with those big ugly black covers that most aftermarket speakers come with. I didn't want a perforated panel, and any white speakers looked like they came out of a Drs. office ceiling.

So after bouncing around audio sites for a few days, I had this idea:
Why not a custom speaker cover using an old Pontiac emblem... :idea:

So I pulled up a picture of an old emblem from an embroidered patch, and drew the copy of it with a cheap CAD program I have on my PC. A friend of mine does alot of production work in his business requiring laser and waterjet cutting, so I caught him on a slow afternoon and emailed my drawing to him. He downloaded it into his CAD program, brought it to scale, found a chunk of metal, and told the machine to have at it.

This is what was produced. A unique one of a kind offshoot from a sudden brainstorm that will set the Hot Rodding world on it's ears and have Foose knocking on my door... :roll:  

OK, not really, but I think it's kinda neat and it turned out pretty cool. Total time spent on them was about 8 hours over 2 days. I looked through about 8000 photos I have of hawt rawds, and no one has a set of these... :(

Until now... 8)  :D

Okay, the laughing, snorting and knee slapping starts here... :wink:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

ragdol

Very cool. I think you have probably sparked some great ideas for other marques too. Larry.

blksheep

That's cool. I had an idea a few years ago to make a tailight housing just like yours. I don't have the puter or drafting talent to get the job done.
You, Raven, however,....have mastered it.
Speakers look great.

blksheep...puter challenged...in Charlotte

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Naw, it ain't a kryptonite suspension system, or 100 mpg carb, or a 4 cyl. motor that cranks out 500 HP. Just a simple little idea that I had, that I've never seen done before.

I was looking at doing something different for the rear deck of my Poncho. I mounted new speakers under the rear panel in the trunk, but didn't want to go with those big ugly black covers that most aftermarket speakers come with. I didn't want a perforated panel, and any white speakers looked like they came out of a Drs. office ceiling.

So after bouncing around audio sites for a few days, I had this idea:
Why not a custom speaker cover using an old Pontiac emblem... :idea:

So I pulled up a picture of an old emblem from an embroidered patch, and drew the copy of it with a cheap CAD program I have on my PC. A friend of mine does alot of production work in his business requiring laser and waterjet cutting, so I caught him on a slow afternoon and emailed my drawing to him. He downloaded it into his CAD program, brought it to scale, found a chunk of metal, and told the machine to have at it.

This is what was produced. A unique one of a kind offshoot from a sudden brainstorm that will set the Hot Rodding world on it's ears and have Foose knocking on my door... :roll:  

OK, not really, but I think it's kinda neat and it turned out pretty cool. Total time spent on them was about 8 hours over 2 days. I looked through about 8000 photos I have of hawt rawds, and no one has a set of these... :(

Until now... 8)  :D

Okay, the laughing, snorting and knee slapping starts here... :wink:
Just shows ya , brainstormin pays off... very nice indeed
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

enjenjo

Much better than your idea for the rubber crutch. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"Much better than your idea for the rubber crutch. :shock:

See, you weren't listening.
The idea was for a crutch rubber, in case your "johnson" breaks or sags during "playtime". :oops:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

But is your choice of color "politically correct"? You might offend someone with a "Red Man" it should be "Native American" Nice follow through on a unique idea. I have neat ideas all the time but it's usually an indication that I forgot to take my medicine. GPster

Very Kool Bryan! That would work well for a speaker mounted in the door or kick panel as well.I'll log that idea in the back of my tiny brain for future reference.....Thanks for sharing!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

tom36

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Much better than your idea for the rubber crutch. :shock:

See, you weren't listening.
The idea was for a crutch rubber, in case your "johnson" breaks or sags during "playtime". :oops:  :D

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there." :lol:

58 Yeoman

Very kewl idea, and great looking.  BUT, you painted them the wrong color....for my Poncho.  Oh wait, my Poncho isn't painted yet.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

slocrow

Neat idea. How's the sound? Is the amount of the metal over the available speaker area causing any sound distortion? I assume your using 6" round type speakers, by the ring mounting holes......Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Not bad for a special ed student :!:
Dave

moparrodder

Hey Bry, very cool idea!!  They would also make a nice accent touch on door panels in what ever size that would fit.  I saw a guy that photo copied the hood ornament of a 36 Plymouth and sized it to fit his door panel and had it stiched on the fabric and it looked sweet. Just another idea to think about.  

Bill