Junk Brothers on Ice

Started by MO_JUNK, January 15, 2007, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

This is a shot of our Miata.  I just moved it outside two days before the storm.  I parked it partially under a Sassafras tree.  Evidently this type of tree has very weak limbs.  The tree limbs in the foreground were on the front of the car.  I have some dents to fix but I do not think any of the glass is broken.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

I saw your name last night one time that I was checkin this site. I think it was a good idea you decided to wait some so you didn't get power surged. No school buses this morning? Glad you're OK. GPster

rooster

Ill bet your glad the ele is back on. Ice sucks. Did you have to run the generator 24/7? How many gals of fuel a day? :shock:

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "rooster"Ill bet your glad the ele is back on. Ice sucks. Did you have to run the generator 24/7? How many gals of fuel a day? :shock:

I did not run the generator at night while were sleeping.  It is a 5600 watt and it used about 5 gallon a day.  It has a digital readout and most of the time it was about 10% of its capacity.  I found out that things like a toaster, microwave oven and a portable electric heater take a lot of power to run.  To run the 3 HP well pump took about 50% of capacity.

We may not have school this whole week.  We usually have some snow days each school year but nothing like this.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH