River Ranch - Florida January 26-27

Started by Grandadeo, January 10, 2007, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Hey Florida Dudes and Dudettes.  River Ranch is coming up the end of the month.  Located 18 miles west of beautiful downtown YeeHaw Junction.  Open to all old cars.  Great location, small swapmeet.  An all around good time with lots of other activities at the facility.  We'll be there with the FLA Roadsters.  See Ya'll there.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

My folks are leaving for Florida on Friday in their '48 Ford coupe dubbed "creamsickle" :roll:   It's orange and cream.  They will be there thru the end of April.  Anyway, can I get some more details from you regarding this event?  They are always looking for new place to cruz to and new events to participate in.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Hi Denise, Where are your folks going to be wintering at?  River Ranch is a western theme place with a hotel, campground and now with the new owner - time share condos out in the middle of nowhere.  They have horse back riding, a weekend rodeo, a saloon and other cowboy stuff.  It is located on Florida highway 60, between Lake Wales and Vero Beach, 18 miles west of the Florida Turnpike YeeHaw Junction exit.  I'll be happy to share any info I have on Florida happenings with them.  If you/they want I can PM you my cellphone number.

Lee

Normspeed

Yeehaw Junction, you Fla folks sure think up some funny names.  Why not stick with the standard stuff like we do out west?  Like Gila Bend, Road Forks and Zzyzxx?

Wish I could make River Ranch.  Sounds like a good time.

sirstude

I love Zzyzxx, every time I drive by that sign, I chuckle.  Do remember the comic strip even.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Grandadeo

Quote from: "Normspeed"Yeehaw Junction, you Fla folks sure think up some funny names.  Why not stick with the standard stuff like we do out west?  Like Gila Bend, Road Forks and Zzyzxx?

Wish I could make River Ranch.  Sounds like a good time.

When you're here in February I'll run you up to Yeehaw Junction for breakfast at the Desert Inn, than run past River Ranch, over to Frostproof, down through Okeechobee on out way to Ojus.  That should be all the sites worth seeing, especially if we stop at the Cypress Knee Museum over by Fish Eating Creek.  Then if you want from Hollywood we could go though Beverly Hills on our way to Havana with a stop in Niceville to adjust your attitude.  And if time allows we could climb Mt. Dora.

Lee

phat rat

any of you ever been to Zap North Dakota?  Their sign was sure tempting, but no I didn't
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Normspeed

Never been to Zap, but I've visited Beaver more than once.

Grandadeo

Then there was that trip to Medicine Bow, WY a hundred years ago.

Lee

donsrods

Things could be worse, you could live here.............................

alchevy

Quote from: "Grandadeo"When you're here in February I'll run you up to Yeehaw Junction for breakfast at the Desert Inn, than run past River Ranch, over to Frostproof, down through Okeechobee on out way to Ojus.  That should be all the sites worth seeing, especially if we stop at the Cypress Knee Museum over by Fish Eating Creek.  Then if you want from Hollywood we could go though Beverly Hills on our way to Havana with a stop in Niceville to adjust your attitude.  And if time allows we could climb Mt. Dora.

Lee

Niceville, you didn't mention Bagdad, FL.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

I'm sitting here at Glass, MS, North of here, there's Rolling Fork; across the Mississippi River from there is Transylvania, LA; Keep going North in MS and you will get to Swiftown; Coldwater; East there's: Water Valley; Coffeeville; in South MS there's Hot Coffee; There is a forest nearby Forest, MS; which is next to Lake, MS; a play on words: at Dlo, MS you can go the the Dlo Water Park; A star came from Star, MS as in Faith Hill who married Tim McGraw from Start, LA and that's where I'm going to finish this thang.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Well, HRPP has to go through Climax MI to get to work. Just noth of me is Ai Oh. South of me is Florida Ohio, which is only 7 miles from Texas Oh. I Milan Mi. there is Milan dragway. In Milan Oh, the birthplace of Edison, there is Norwalk Raceway Park.

And in Mi, Hell is only 280 miles from Paradise.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Grandadeo

Sounds like we're setting up the route for the next Map Trivia Power Tour.  Now back to the original question.  Any Florida folks or snowbirds going to River Ranch?  Might be able to save a few parking spots together.

Lee

Grandadeo

Last Call, any of you Florida folks gunna make it.  Me and Bryan will be there, sorry Jusjunk, not trying to cut in on your territory or anything.

Lee