filled the roof on the drag vicky today

Started by dragrcr50, January 04, 2007, 09:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

used a blazer roof  (s-10) on my vicky body today worked well gonna paint next friday 1 week away and then I can assemble it cant wait ....here is a pic or two of it
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good so far..... cept i would use a different material for the firewall

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Crosley"looks good so far..... cept i would use a different material for the firewall

8)
oh thats new unobtanium pressed paper, sure to be fireproof i hope,, with a rat and a moon tank out front full of 115 gas.........heheheh
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

donsrods

You really are doing a nice job on it.  You are down to my least favorite part............bodywork.  :(  :(  :(

Don

dragrcr50

Quote from: "donsrods"You really are doing a nice job on it.  You are down to my least favorite part............bodywork.  :(  :(  :(

Don
I know I retained my man joe that works with me to do that this next week and we will paint it next firday , the only problem with him is he is so dammned good.  he had the big buck gold 55 a few weeks ago at scottsdale.  anyway hard to get him to overlook any thing and on a race car it really doesent have to be perfect haha.it is exciting to do one for yourself ocasionally even if its just a old time racer...

purplepickup

It's coming right along. :D   Is that a voyager roof you used?
George

dragrcr50

Quote from: "purplepickup"It's coming right along. :D   Is that a voyager roof you used?
Naw sir, it is a 90 2 door s-10 blazer roof, worked good on the sshort vicky ...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks AWESOME!  Where's it going to debute at??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Looks AWESOME!  Where's it going to debute at??

well for looks at the starbird show in feb at tulsa.. and then when race tracks open in feb will start testing then  , first old time race in april i think  in lawton oklahoma...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Will you take it to the HAMB Drags "west in AZ May 12th?  GG Indy in June? What about the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO in Aug?  B'ville in Aug?

1FATGMC

Quote from: "donsrods"You really are doing a nice job on it.  You are down to my least favorite part............bodywork.  :(  :(  :(

Don

And here I was just thinking the opposite.  I would like to be there to put some bondo on and start cutting it down with some 40 grit on a long board.  Save some for me Sam :D .  

Sam it looks good.  Looks more and more like I'll be there the 1st of Feb., but will probably have time to stop on the way home 2-3 weeks later.

Denise it is going to take a lot of gas and time to get to all of those places 1/4 mile at a time :wink: .

Can't wait to see it and ride in it,

Sum

dragrcr50

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Will you take it to the HAMB Drags "west in AZ May 12th?  GG Indy in June? What about the HAMB Drags in Joplin, MO in Aug?  B'ville in Aug?
well Ill be at the nitro nationals in tulsa on june 30th tomatch race jeff becks 32 ply coupe and Ill be at mokan for the ahra reunion race and since doc is coming this year ill be back at the hamb drags, joplin, shooting for indy gg.   plus the okla,tex,mo, ks races we have set up with the gasser assoc. I think 6 so far this year.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

Don

And here I was just thinking the opposite.  I would like to be there to put some bondo on and start cutting it down with some 40 grit on a long board.  Save some for me Sam :D .  

Sam it looks good.  Looks more and more like I'll be there the 1st of Feb., but will probably have time to stop on the way home 2-3 weeks later.

Denise it is going to take a lot of gas and time to get to all of those places 1/4 mile at a time :wink: .

Can't wait to see it and ride in it,

Sum
Kool, I talked to Hooley tonight and he is going to bring his henry J out to me in feb for a roll cage ......might get to see both of ya then ...........

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "dragrcr50"and since doc is coming this year ill be back at the hamb drags, joplin, shooting for indy gg.   .

Looks like I'll be able to see it run at both the GG Indy (weather permitting of course :roll: ) and the HAMB Drags in Joplin.  I'm excited. 8)

slocrow

That donor roof worked out very nice. Will love to see it in person....Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...