HAPPY NOO YAR YA"ALL!

Started by Carps, December 31, 2006, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

7:30am New years Day so I'm off to the annual Picninc In Da Park.

Unlike Christmas day it's not snowing , but te sky is dark and there's some drizzle about with thunder storms and heavy rain predicted.  Global Warming?  BAH! HUMBUG!

Enjoy your celebrations and have a happy and safe new year.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Dave

Happy new year to you to Carps
Dave :wink:

WZ JUNK

Happy New Year to everyone.   May the new year bring great things to all of you.

I just came in from the shop where we had a couple of adult beverages and reflected back on last year.  We decided it had been a pretty good one over all and we plan to make this one better.

"Just Glad to be Here"

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rayvyn

Happy New Year Everyone... :!:  :!:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

SKR8PN

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

grazza

The Rayvyn gets it right again  :!:  :!:  :!:
Hope your year is going to be as great as the one I have planned everyone.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

blksheep

Health, happiness and prosperity to all you old fa.....AAAHH.....Dudes and Dudettes in 2007!!

blksheep & Bopeep... 8) in Charlotte

purplepickup

Here's hoping everyone has a healthy and safe New Year!
George

donsrods

Happy New Year to all.  I had one glass of wine and went to bed, so I will be in better shape today than lots of people.  :roll:

Now I have to get my butt in gear and try to keep one of my resolutions...................... TO HAVE A RUNNING, DRIVING HOT ROD BY SUMMER.  :D  :D  :D

If I don't,  I am taking up golf.

Don

Carps

Here in no particular order are a few images from our New years Day Picnic.

This Reo pick-up was built from a sedan.

Bern's Hopped Up Model A

I recon the perfect vanity plate for this one would be 30TREE, locally built two door woody has a matching teardrop trailer.

Art farty stuff.

Betcha don't see one of these every day.  Genuine '40 Willys Five Winduh Coop.  Body y T'J Richards who also did local bodys for Dodge and Plymouth back in the olden days.

Chrysler Corp took a slightly different approach to achieve the same effect as Cadillac.

This sucker has just the right balance of stock and hot rod parts.

Another one you'r not likely to see each day.  '40 Chev 'sloper' another uniquely Aussie body style.  These pre dated the US Aero bodies by some ten years.

This one is just for DRD.  When he came to Australia, I was pointing out to him some of our local models as we travelled home from the airport.  Suddenly he exclaimed:  "DID YO SEE THAT?  I asked, "What?"  With a great degre of surprise he said, "There's another one, a flatbed car!"  It was kinda funny and since there's what seems like millions of the things here, it didn't even figure in my list of things I should point out as unique.  
This is what he saw.  This one a mid 1980s Holden One Toner.  A truck based on car components, the logical extension of the good old Aussie Yoot.   :wink:

How to get a cheap hot rod.  Bu a cheap older resto lower it, paint it red xide over the original colour, add some caps and whitewall flappers, flame it, strip it and you're done.

'Bazza Oneleg' is a sick puppy and his Graffti Esque coupe gets driven everywhere.  His lates modifications include rat and skull infested grille insert skull air cleaners, but ow about his home made skull headlamps.  Each eye socket has a small motorcycle Halogen unit insterted with larger ones for high beam in the mouth cavity.  Did I mention this guy is a sicko?  

If you've just got to have a blower on your flathead, this is what it should look like.

The 'Big T' is longer and wider so there's room for a big Aussie bloke to spread out and get comfy.

No question what this is.... It's called a Hot Rod.   :wink:

This is the 1969 Holden Monaro, AKA, the Aussie Camaro.

This is what the '69 Monaro looks like from the other end.

This one is not what it appears, has the complete drivetrain and suspension from LS1 Corvette.

The '48 Anglia became famous, this is why the '47 Model didn't.

Carps

phat rat

Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for the pics Carps
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Happy New Year everybody.

Carps, ya reckon yoacould just bring one of them '40 Chebby slopers with ya for me next summer? Perfect stable mate for my convert.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Seems like 2006 went by a bit fast?

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

A very happy new year to all.

You all are about the nicest bunch I've had the pleasure to visit with in quite a spell, and I thank you for your hospitality.

Carps. those are some great pics; that first one, of the Reo truck, set me on fire - that is nice.  You have some really good stuff down there in the under land.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Carps

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Carps, ya reckon yoacould just bring one of them '40 Chebby slopers with ya for me next summer?
I may have to dissasemble it to fit in my 'carry on' luggage, is that OK?

Meanwhile, here's a few more pics from yesterday.

Carps