What'd ya get?

Started by enjenjo, December 25, 2006, 01:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis the Menace

I got the keys to my new garage a 30'X50'X14' steel building.
Dennis
[/img]
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis  8)

n.c.rodder

Got a new Black & Decker 3/8 drill, a Kobalt cut-off tool, and a couple of Home Depot & Lowes gift cards. Also got some cold hard cash (more tools??)

My daughter bought me the Days of Thunder DVD and the wife picked me up a new pillow (must be tired of me B******G about the old one)

The inlaws got me a new pair of Mechanix gloves and a really cool fleece blanket with cars on it (thats for those chilly nights in the recliner!)
Till we meet - On the street

kb426

I got a new stapler with an extended nose so I can do cycle seats with rounded edges on the seat pan. I had a good day with my family. It's cold and there's still snow everywhere so the bikes stayed in the shed. We're hoping in the next 2 days that it warms enough for a ride before my son leaves.
TEAM SMART

I had a Great Christmas with friends/family! Got lots of the usual Dad/Grandpa stuff and a very nice,badly needed new creeper but the highlight for me was a large Terry Redlin Legacy Canvas titled "Morning Retreat".It has long been sold out and is very hard to come by on the secondary market.....It looks AWESOME hanging in the living room! Also got a very large bag of the new "Dark Chocolate" M&M's......anyone else addicted to these yet  :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

WZ JUNK

One of the things I got was this magnetic shirt from my son.

Actually he got me a soft magnet tool holder that you hang on the fender of a car and it holds your tools while you work.   I just stick it under my shirt and it holds my silverware while I eat.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"One of the things I got was this magnetic shirt from my son.

Actually he got me a soft magnet tool holder that you hang on the fender of a car and it holds your tools while you work.   I just stick it under my shirt and it holds my silverware while I eat.

I'd hate to be too close if you start coughing or sneezing...  :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

I got from the movie "CARS" a "Mater" ink pen that lights up when you press down to wright.  :D

HotRodLadyCrusr

Merry Christmas!!!

The bestest gift of all this year was being "told" on Christmas Eve my 14 year old nephew Alex got into a very prestigious private 4 year high school called Catholic Central. My sister was informed a couple of days ago that he was accepted so she went to the high school and purchased t-shirts for the whole family. On Christmas Eve nite she passed out gift bags to each member of the family and she had us open them all at the same time. There were tears, hugs, pats on the back and high fives all around.

Might not sound like much but he had to take a very hard entrance exam to get in and the whole family was sweating the results. He wants to attend the University of Michigan for college and this is a great first step. It was a very Merry Christmas for the Sheldon family.

I also got a stainless steel cocktail shaker with carmel apple-tini drink stuff, a drill bit set and file set (I needed both badly), an offset racheting box end wrench set, a cord reel work light, new computer chair, an Epson wide format printer, Don Montgomery's Old Hot Rod Scrapbook, gold earrings, a woodie wagon with surf boards on top resin model, some girlie lotions and potions, a Scrapbook Zone gift certificate, 100 mg * tablets as a joke from my Doctor cousin, a snowman shaped serving piece, and various nuts and gift baskets type hostess gifts.

Yeah, I was a good girl so Santa was very generous this year.

Merry Christmas and a very prosperous and Happy New Year to all.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my Mom, my wife Lynda who's been working crazy retail pre-Christmas hours, and our kids and GrandKids.  Lynda got me a GPS for the roadster trips next summer - LA here we come.  Kids got me the new Jonny Lang CD and Jonny Lang concert tickets  for next month at the Hollywood Hard Rock (that's Hollywood Florida).  I too am blessed.

Also got a cell phone picture message from Normspeed at around 4:00 AM (that's why I'm up now.)  Can't open it cause I cancelled the picture feature on the phone.  So I figure he either got something really really cool that he had to share with me or a bottle of tequila that he just polished off.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Carnut

My best Christmas Present was that I got to be around to celebrate another Christmas.

And seeing that some of the Aussy folks got snow for Christmas was also quite heartwarming.

GPster

Linda and I spend our time and money gifting others because most of our purchases for each other are co-operative efforts anyway. While we're shopping together and we see something that the other needs we will buy it and call it the other's  Christmas Present. During our shopping she happened on a sale of Hush Puppy shoes. I got two pairs, probably with the realization that no better than my project is going I'll be doing a lot of walking. GPster

mopar2dr

A tenoning jig for my table saw,or as I like to call it,a finger saver! Got to spend the day with the wife and kids and all the grandkids. Hope for a great 2007 for all the members of this board. :D
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

Dirk35

I got my daughter a Nintendo Wii!

Its great! I have already played it the same number of hours she has. It has a page in it keeps track of each game played time for every day.

EMSjunkie

A new Granddaughter. 8)  8)

got to spend time with my Mom, sister and nephew.

I worked X-mas day so some of the Medics with little kids could be home with them.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

grazza

You hit the nail right on the head Denise, that is what Christmas is all about IMHO.  Spending quality time with your loved ones and enjoying their great times.  Dont know about the U.S., but while out shopping with the lovie a couple of times prior to Christmas this year I commented on how quiet the shopping centres seemed to be.  I haven't heard how the store sales went this year, but I think we Aussies are returning to the old ideals, instead of Christmas being one huge spend up, trying to outdo each other with our gift spending.   I know my credit card isn't anywhere as near smoldering as in previous years and should be paid off in time for next christmas without to many worries I hope  :wink:
Anyhow, I hope all you guys 'n' gals have a great New Year and 2007 brings you everything you desire.  Me. I just wan tto be happy and a million bucks will just about do that.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone