EFI Adapter

Started by enjenjo, December 21, 2006, 09:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am installing a GM TBI on this Buick motor. There was no commercial adapter that would fit without extensive rework, so I made my own. A piece of 1/2" aluminum plate, a hole saw, and some polishing, and I had one. I also made a phenelic spacer to insulate it from heat.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Nice Frank  :D .  What throttle body are you using and what computer???  Will you have fuel return to the tank or will it deadhead??

c ya,

Sum

GPster

If it will help you any on this I've got the pieces out of that V6 HEI for computerized ignition  that I won't be using if they will change your distributor over. The pieces I have I think are V6 or V8 as I think the change is the pick-up. GPster

enjenjo

On the fuel system, this tank has only one line into it, and being a station wagon does not lend itself to modifying the tank for a sump for an in tank pump. So the plan is to run a line from the tank, with a low pressure pump, to a remote sump, which will have a high pressure pump, and return line connected to it. Ford has some fuel check valves that I can run in the low pressure line.

Joe, I am going to run a small diameter HEI with an external coil, to clear the intake, I think I have all the parts I need, but I'll keep you in mind.

Crosley.In.AZ

hmmmmmm, billet aluminum

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"hmmmmmm, billet aluminum

:shock:

Darn right. One of my favorite materials. I hit the scrap yard up the road every few days to keep my stock replenished

tomslik

hey enj, you might want to rethink the phenolic spacer on a daily driver, those suckers CAN ice up back where there's humidity( yeah, it's a wet cold)...there's a reason sbc tbi intakes are full of coolant
just a thought...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "tomslik"hey enj, you might want to rethink the phenolic spacer on a daily driver, those suckers CAN ice up back where there's humidity( yeah, it's a wet cold)...there's a reason sbc tbi intakes are full of coolant
just a thought...

Food for thought. I made it up because there is exhaust heat in this manifold.  I may install it without the spacer, and then install it if it's a problem.