Let me introduce myself as the FNG

Started by oldmanolds, December 19, 2006, 02:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanolds

Someone said to intoduce myself.Well here it goes. I'm just a guy that wants to learn as much as I can about hot rodding.I'm retired from a job that had me building and testing diesel engines for 35 years.Built a few gas small blocks (Ford and GM).I currently have a 1940 Olds and I'm running a 351 Cleveland in it.Didn't know that running a Ford motor would cause such a stink,but a lot of the old school guys don't think it's cool.Gotta run a small block to be Bible..anyway working on a 403 Olds that if it's finished by spring I'm going to replace the Ford motor with it.I live in the midwest and do a lot of weekend shows.(I wish we had the cruise ins like the east coast.)That's about it.I hope I can add something here and I promise I won't ask too many stupid questions.Dave
GETTING OLD SUCKS..BUT IT SURE BEATS THE ATERNATIVE.     www.stophd.org

tom36

Quote from: oldmanoldsI currently have a 1940 Olds and I'm running a 351 Cleveland in it.Didn't know that running a Ford motor would cause such a stink,but a lot of the old school guys don't think it's cool.Gotta run a small block to be Bible..anyway working on a 403 Olds that if it's finished by spring I'm going to replace the Ford motor with it.

Welcome!  I like the ford in an Olds idea-- I can hear the chevy crowd now  :lol:   That 403 Olds will be quite cool also. :0-0   Tom...

Dave

Well id rather see a SBC in there but welcome anyway. Hope you like the board.
Dave :arrow:

enjenjo

A buddy built a 40 Ford with a 350 Olds in it, caught so much grief, he changed to a 302. Welcome to the RRT
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

I was about to say that we like the different stuff and nobody will get on you for running a Ford here.....then I saw Dave's sbc rules post  :wink:

We've got a great mix of interesting people and cars here and we don't like rules that tell us that the cars we've built don't fit in. :evil:  Well, mostly anyway.....I just thought of that '57 Chev/Camaro hybrid in another thread. :roll:

Welcome! :D
George

EMSjunkie

Welcome to the board. hope you find it a comfortable, inviting place to stop and visit.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat46

Welcome, I personally like the Ford in and Olds, if just to p1ss off the comformists.... :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "purplepickup"I was about to say that we like the different stuff and nobody will get on you for running a Ford here.....then I saw Dave's sbc rules post  :wink:

We've got a great mix of interesting people and cars here and we don't like rules that tell us that the cars we've built don't fit in. :evil:  Well, mostly anyway.....I just thought of that '57 Chev/Camaro hybrid in another thread. :roll:

Welcome! :D

All in fun .... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :!:  :arrow:

sedanman

Hey oldmanolds,  I see your from Beechgrove Indiana. I'm right up the street from you in Indy. Would that diesel engine  place happen to be Navistar?
If so I used to powder coat the blocks and heads for about 8 years. Any way, nice to see another Indy car guy on here. :D  :D

Vic

Crosley.In.AZ

Welcome aboard the RRT board.....

I do not care what engine you put in the car... just drive it!

~:)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Welcome to our gang. A friend of mine bought a '36 Chevy once with a y-block in it. A little unusual but it worked. We don't stand, or sit, on a lot of tradition here...so you'll fit in just fine.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Welcome. Don't know about the Ford but the Olds is cool. As others said we won't kill you for what you drive
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rumrumm

Welcome to the RRT. It is always great to have newbies join the family.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

sirstude

Welcome aboard, anyone with an Olds can't be all bad.  I knid of like the Ford in an Olds idea.  With hindsite what it is, I wish I had left the 455 in my Olds instead of the Chevy big block.  Oh well, not starting over again.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

HotRodLadyCrusr

Not that my opinion matters but stick a Olds 455 in it. :wink:

Welcome to the RRT.  See ya at the GG Indy show in June.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.